Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Dentist with sliding scale (NY)

amother
Green

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:58 pm
I decided not to pay for dental insurance anymore because I figured the premiums would add up to more than the cost of a couple of checkups anyway, and if I needed any dental work I'd want the liberty to choose my own dentist plus the deductible would have cost some anyway.

I haven't had a checkup and cleaning in a while and I think it's high time and important to take care of. My family situation changed and now the dentist I used last time said I don't qualify for a sliding scale anymore. Not sure by how much. So the cost for a checkup and cleaning is close to $200. The dentist I would use for real dental work is $245 for the checkup and cleaning.

Anyone know who else I can try? It's still lower than a year's worth of premiums but it still feels like a lot for me!

mig100

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:02 pm
try ezra medical center- they offer discounts based on income. I agree btw- if you dont need a lot of dental work- its not worth paying out of pocket for dental insurance

amother
Green

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:07 pm
Anybody know if Ezra takes new patients? THey were recommended here some years back but every time I called they weren't accepting new patients.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics