Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Please help me plan my vacation!

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:31 pm
I really want to go away with dh, but he is very careful with shmiras einayim and will not go to beaches and does not want to be in an area where he will see women that are dresses in less than normal tees and shorts.

I would love Aruba, Cancun or something beautiful and amazing, but don't know if that would work for dh.

Any suggestions from ppl that have been around?

TIA!

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:34 pm
If you go now to a place like Myrtle Beach, no shmiras ainayim issues. But it's not too enticing either.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:34 pm
Don't go anywhere with warm weather. Have you been to Colorado?

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:58 pm
Morocco!
Delicious warm weather, beautiful beaches, and 100% tznius.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:59 pm
You can expect pritzus wherever you go.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:19 am
Arizona!

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:35 am
amother wrote:
I really want to go away with dh, but he is very careful with shmiras einayim and will not go to beaches and does not want to be in an area where he will see women that are dresses in less than normal tees and shorts.

I would love Aruba, Cancun or something beautiful and amazing, but don't know if that would work for dh.

Any suggestions from ppl that have been around?

TIA!

The places you suggested are famous beach resort towns... but you say your DH doesn't go to beaches.

Is the idea that he will hang out somewhere else while you go to the beach? Not sure I understand what you are envisioning.

What are your DH's interests? Maybe he can do something else while you go to the beach, and then you meet up afterward?

Or how about the Grand Canyon? Is this for the winter or are you planning for warmer weather?

essie14

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:46 am
If your husband won’t go to beaches then I think you need to do that with your kids or your girlfriends and take a different kind of trip with him.
Do you enjoy hiking? National parks?
Colorado is incredible.
The Grand Canyon is amazing.
Alaska is breathtaking.

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 10:52 am
If you have the budget to rent a private villa on a private beach, that could make you both happy. In general, warm places will be challenging. Here's a trip report on DansDeals from somebody who is very strict with shmiras einayim and went to Hawaii, which will give you a sense of your options and what the trip could look like - https://forums.dansdeals.com/I.....76.0. What month are you looking to go, for how long, and what's your nightly budget?

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 3:17 pm
Wow, you have all been so helpful, thank you!!

I'd like to go soon, in the beginning of March.
No budget, but only have two nights this time around, so need to work within that time frame.

Is it worth going to Arizona for such a short time?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 4:56 pm
Mecca Hiding

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 5:28 pm
I've gone to Newport RI in the cooler weather (but not in March it was warm enough for us to wear thin jackets). The beach is empty then. It's too cold to sit out on a beach and the entire town is dead during these months. But it's a great two day trip.

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 6:36 pm
You could look into a nice rental on the Jersey Shore or maybe Virginia Beach. There won't be anybody on the beach in beach attire in early March.

runninglate

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:07 pm
Doctorima, where can you rent a private villa on a private beach? That sounds like a dream...

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:31 pm
It all depends on your budget. There are plenty of private villas with private pools in the Caribbean, that come with their private beach access. You can also find this in the Maldives and Bora Bora. These are not cheap, and if you want an entirely private beach with nobody around, the rates will soar. Or you could just rent your own private island, like this frum couple did: https://forums.dansdeals.com/I.....038.0
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics