Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Holds it in all day in school

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 4:14 pm
My 3 yr old dd was recently potty trained at home. She needs help with her clothing but still hadn’t had an accident in about a week - she even has been dry overnight!
I sent her to school in underwear with diapers in her backpack just in case. For the past week shes been completely holding everything in while in school. Her teachers have tried asking her, putting her on the toilet, offering chocolate chips, offering her a diaper...nothing. Some days she’s even moaning and crying by the end of the day because she needs the bathroom so badly! I’ve tried asking her what’s going on but she doesn’t answer. I took her to the school bathroom a couple times at dismissal to get her used to it, and she immediately urinated (so she isn’t scared of the actual bathroom).

This is a school based out of someone’s house so there are no loud flushes or air dryers or rough toilet paper that could be bothering her. I am sure this isn’t healthy and I really don’t want her to end up with a UTI! Any advise please?!?

ahuva06

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 4:21 pm
I had this same exact scenario with my son. At first I coaxed him and bribed him and spoke about it very often. Eventually I saw that it wasn't working and if anything it was demonizing the bathroom by morah even more so I just put a pull up on him for school and completely dropped the topic. After a few months his morah told me that he just decided to go! This breakthrough happened a few weeks ago and he's been going happily ever since...

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 4:31 pm
ahuva06 wrote:
I had this same exact scenario with my son. At first I coaxed him and bribed him and spoke about it very often. Eventually I saw that it wasn't working and if anything it was demonizing the bathroom by morah even more so I just put a pull up on him for school and completely dropped the topic. After a few months his morah told me that he just decided to go! This breakthrough happened a few weeks ago and he's been going happily ever since...

So the Morah’s bathroom has one of those childproof doorknob locks so the kids don’t go in there to play, meaning the only way she can go is with a Morah so there will always be a little pressure around it. I’m thinking maybe I should just ask the Morah’s to always just put her on the toilet before naps and before dismissal (or something similar) and either she will go or not. Basically schedule it so she has the option if she needs but doesn’t have to go. What do you think?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training