Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO info on Car Services and Uber in BP and Flatbush

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 7:03 pm
I need a car to go from BP to the Kings Highway area (teens) and back. I assume getting a car service in the area youre leaving from makes the most sense for each trip.

What are the differences bet Car Service and Uber?

Which Car Services in BP (going) and Kings Highway area (return trip about 2 hours later), are the most reliable and reasonable?

If theres an advantage to using Uber, do I need an Uber account?

TIA

karat

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 7:05 pm
The advantage to using UBER is you don't need to have cash on hand.
I do find that sometimes car services are cheaper than using UBER, unless you order a pool.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 7:13 pm
I read about Uber customers being billed later (they have your credit card info) for damage made to a car, like getting it dirty, so I think Ill go w Car Service.

Which Car Services in BP (going) and Kings Highway area (return trip about 2 hours later), are the most reliable and reasonable?

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 7:45 pm
Have ditched all car services and use Uber and Lyft almost exclusively.

I can’t stanf the “5 more minute” talk I used to get from the dispatchers. Instead now I see exactly where my car is and what my fare will be

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 7:49 pm
I like eastland, whether I'm going to or from boro park. I have the app, I can easily order a car, see the estimated time, and track the car as it arrives.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 7:50 pm
ILOVELIFE wrote:
Have ditched all car services and use Uber and Lyft almost exclusively.

I can’t stanf the “5 more minute” talk I used to get from the dispatchers. Instead now I see exactly where my car is and what my fare will be

UBER is great until...it’s not.
I was recently charged 42 dollars for a trip that was quoted as less than $15.
I’m currently disputing it with the credit card company and it’s a hassle.
I couldn’t even locate a customer service number for UBER.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 7:51 pm
amother wrote:
I like eastland, whether I'm going to or from boro park. I have the app, I can easily order a car, see the estimated time, and track the car as it arrives.

Church ave. also has an app.

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:29 pm
For car services, we use Eastland, and within Brooklyn they're generally reliable and quick since they have a large fleet. If you want Uber, you need to create an account for it.

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:34 pm
I prefer Lyft, but Uber and Via are good, too.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:39 pm
sequoia wrote:
I prefer Lyft, but Uber and Via are good, too.

I too like Lyft. I can't deal with the 'how much longer? you said 10 minutes 20 minutes ago' anymore either.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:47 pm
Do both Uber and Lyft need credit card information or can you pay cash?

If you have to give them your credit card information, unless Ubers are much cheaper, I think using a relatively reliable Car Service makes more sense,

Who needs the headache of making sure nothing is added to my bill, or Im not charged higher than quoted.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:57 pm
amother wrote:

If you have to give them your credit card information, unless Ubers are much cheaper, I think using a relatively reliable Car Service makes more sense,

Who needs the headache of making sure nothing is added to my bill, or Im not charged higher than quoted.

Credit card.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 9:30 pm
amother wrote:

I've used Uber countless times and never had these issues you keep mentioning.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 9:35 pm
amother wrote:
I've used Uber countless times and never had these issues you keep mentioning.

Same. I've used uber and Lyft many times over multiple years and have had none of these issues. I've found car services to be significantly less reliable.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 9:25 pm
Update:

Going I used one of the Boro Park car services, and they were prompt. I paid $15.

Coming back, the snow was coming down heavily, and two Flatbush Car Services (including Eastland, didnt pick up the phone (I assume thats what they do, when they dont have cars).

Someone at the location I was in recommended Chicco Express (718)236-7777

They were prompt polite and reasonable. $14. Others hike up the price in bad weather.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:
UBER is great until...it’s not.
I was recently charged 42 dollars for a trip that was quoted as less than $15.
I’m currently disputing it with the credit card company and it’s a hassle.
I couldn’t even locate a customer service number for UBER.

Uber is very responsive. You contact them right in the app. They've never not comped a fare or fixed any mistake. I use uber all the time and issues are extremely rare and - in my experience - immediately resolved.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 10:57 pm
oliveoil wrote:
Uber is very responsive. You contact them right in the app. They've never not comped a fare or fixed any mistake. I use uber all the time and issues are extremely rare and - in my experience - immediately resolved.

Same. I only had one experience contacting Uber via the app, and they immediately refunded my entire trip. Not discounting other people's bad experiences, just balancing with my own positive experience. Most people are not going to post online when things go well. They become vocal when things go wrong, which can make it seem like it happens more often than it actually does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries