Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp Shoshanim

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 6:59 pm
Hi,
Can anyone tell me info about the camp.
My daughter came home begging me to send her. She said her best friend is going but I don't know anyone else who sends there. Any info would help.

Thanks

Mom23gs

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 8:28 pm
Sure, my daughter spent the past few summers there and it is a popular camp with the girls in her school. what specifically would you like to know? I would classify it as a modern orthodox all girls camp. It is affiliated with the NJY camps organization. Girls have to wear socks and sleeves to the elbow (although they seem to be ok if girls wear longer short sleeves). no socks required. Very pro Israel. It is known as a Girls sports camp, with many great instructional sports programs as well as intramural sports teams in which they play against other camps. They have a nice lake. Great cooking and arts and crafts and drama. also have horseback riding. There is daily tefillah and chinch. many of the girls go to rynj, yeshivat noam, hanc, halb. they also get many who come form overseas.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 9:50 pm
I was more wondering about the haskafa, we are not modern orthodox but we are not yeshivas, more in the middle. Her best friend is more modern but still goes to a middle of the road school. I just want to make sure she will feel comfortable in this environment even though we are not modern.

Mom23gs

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 10:04 pm
I would say that middle of the road probably is the hashkafa. The more modern kids go to its sibling camp Camp Nesher. you can look online at the pics and check out its facebook and instagram page to get a feel.

mishpacha1

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 12:44 am
Mom23gs wrote:
I would say that middle of the road probably is the hashkafa. The more modern kids go to its sibling camp Camp Nesher. you can look online at the pics and check out its facebook and instagram page to get a feel.

I think middle of the road is subjective.... Nesher is co-ed. From my experience Shoshanim is definitely a modern orthodox camp. That being said, of course look at pics and see if it is what you want.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children