Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Non-costume costume help for baby

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 3:06 am
DH just turned 40 and we came up with a cute theme for m"m - ben arbaim l'bina (ie BEAN-a). There's all sorts of ways to include beans in m"m, so it's very versatile.

Our older kids have already decided what they want to dress up as, but I'm a little stuck for the baby. He's a year old and I can't find a non newborn costume online that incorporates any kind of bean, not a jelly bean or a coffee bean or even a legume bean. I'd be happy to dress him in normal clothing that has a picture of a bean or a cute saying that mentions a bean but I'm having trouble finding even that. I mean, I saw some ridiculously expensive onesies, but it's too cold for a onesie to show and then what's the point anyway.

Have any of you come across something like this? Obviously time is an issue here so I don't want to order anything from China. Amazon prime would be preferable but I don't mind paying a little for shipping if necessary. I'd prefer to not spend much on this at all, but I'd be willing to spend more on an actual shirt or outfit that he could wear again on a regular day.

Oh, and just putting him in a beanie wouldn't work because he's a regular Houdini at removing hats.

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 3:54 am
Pea in the pod

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 3:55 am
Bean plant. Jack & the beanstalk. Cholent.
Maybe create your own costume

imasinger

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 4:51 am
Can you use fabric markers on a plain white onesie or T shirt? Write "Little Bean" or "little jelly bean", draw a bean, done.

You can also buy one for $10-15. It's cute enough he could maybe wear it after Purim.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 2:03 pm
I'm not very artistic. Actually that's overstating it. I'm artistically challenged. Even my stick figures look terrible and the shapes I draw for my toddler are always lopsided. I'd rather buy something but I hate spending money on meshugas. At least if I buy a costume for my older kids then it goes in the dress up box and gets reused.

morah.coffee

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 2:09 pm
There is always the option of buying the iron on paper, design whatever you want on the computer and then print it and iron it onto a plain white onsie, or whatever you want... (Make sure to design it flipped the other way so when you iron it it's the right way)

challahchallah

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 2:12 pm
Could you dress him up all in one color (maybe red?) and then print out the jelly belly logo and tape it to his tummy? There's also iron on paper you can print on if you don't mind it being permanent and going to a little more effort / expense.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 2:15 pm
I saw cute costume bibs.

HappyGoLucky1

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 7:08 pm
Iron on paper! Find a picture of a jelly bean online, print on the special paper (iron transfer sheets from amazon. There are two options--light for white fabric and dark transfers for colored fabric.) follow the instructions on the package (white sheets should be printed backwards, dark transfer sheets should be printed as you want to see it on the shirt) and tada! You're done!

trixx

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 7:22 pm
Coffee bean
Cool bean
Drool bib is a good idea

jewish613

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 7:31 pm
What’s your price range?

groovy1224

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:00 pm
jewish613 wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/inktastic-Beans-Sleeve-Creeper-Flossy/dp/B074M1Y7SV/ref=mp_s_a_1_31?keywords=bean%2Bonesie&qid=1550795833&s=gateway&sr=8-31&th=1&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Threadr.....psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

Those are all super cute!

Was also thinking maybe dress him in a bear or tiger costume and make a tag that says BEANy baby..who remembers those lol?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:03 pm
groovy1224 wrote:

Was also thinking maybe dress him in a bear or tiger costume and make a tag that says BEANy baby..who remembers those lol?

That's brilliant!

Thanks everyone, but I think we've got a winner.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 11:32 pm
amother wrote:
That's brilliant!

Thanks everyone, but I think we've got a winner.

Oooh yay I never win things!! That makes me so happy!!

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 11:37 pm
groovy1224 wrote:

That’s adorable! H&M has comfy tiger costumes for babies (I just bought the bunny version for my DD)

Iymnok

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 2:10 am
groovy1224 wrote:

Make a little cardboard "TY" tag too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics