Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Optivia need info!
1  2  Next

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:12 am
Hi,
Anyone here did optivia I Must must lose weight by pesach.
Anyone done optivia how hard was it?
Did u really lose weight fast?
How quick did you gain it back
Thank you

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:55 am
I only lasted a month, the ‘food’ was revolting.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 10:14 am
I've been on Optavia. I don't sell and I don't care to. It's controversial here and I'm not interested in getting attacked so I apologize if I'm being anonymous.

I'm very thankful that I stumbled across Optavia. I have blood sugar issues all my life and after trying every diet under the sun (Literally, every diet - I stuck to them 100% and lost a pound every 2 months...) this is the only thing that worked for me. I thought most of the snacks were delicious and the ones I didn't like, I didn't reorder.

This is my personal experience. I'm sure others have had better or worse experiences but since it has changed my life, I felt a need to post. Carry on.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 10:48 am
Thank you for the replies I'm do desperate how much did u lose the first few weeks?
Did you have energy between work my kids I really need my energy..

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
Thank you for the replies I'm do desperate how much did u lose the first few weeks?
Did you have energy between work my kids I really need my energy..

The first week you lose a lot, but it's all water weight. After that you do lose a nice amount each week, more then I've lost on any other program, but that was just my experience. It also depends on how much weight you have to lose.

I personally didn't notice a change in my energy. Some people say their energy level shoots through the roof but I personally didn't experience any noticeable change either way.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 11:43 am
My parents and inlaws are on it, and they look great. I know a very good coach, of you need.
You lose a lot in the beginning, and then you keep losing but a little slower. Faster than any other diet, though. It's really easy because they send you all the snacks. And you get to eat every 2 hours. The food does have a taste that you have to get used to. It's a pretty noticeable sweetener. But it's not bad, and I know that everyone obsessed over the bars.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 12:11 pm
I did it for a while. Lost very fast. Gained it back even faster. Advice: dont cheat. Not a lick not a bite, the minute you go out of fat burn its over. Thats how it was like for me. I tried to restart it but didnt work. The first week was hard but then was really easy. Maybe a little boring ,but I was on the pareve only so there were like 4 options. If you need a quick way to lose weight then do it! Just careful about the gaining back!good luck!

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 4:58 pm
Bumping this. DH did this about 6 years ago. Lost a bunch of weight, but then gave up, said he did not feel good on it and has gained it all back and more. I have been pushing for him to go back on it. He is not into all of the earthy crunchy- feel good stuff- coaching that comes with it. I told him I would do that part and the ordering and keep him on track. Just spoke with a coach (the husband of the original coach) and I don't feel like I have control of the first order that we are putting in. I want to be able to look at the website- make changes- he wanted to save us money and get the on the go kit- but we found last time dh did not do any shakes so that is a waste. I had to push for the new coach to tell me what could be replaced and also push for him to look up what did not have soy. Not getting a good feeling from this coach. Like it is all a gimick and there is a secret code language so he makes money....which I know they do, but.......Maybe I need to talk to his wife....

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:12 pm
I did it for two months and then slowly added more low carb foods into my diet. I also started substituting meals because it was so expensive. I learned to love spaghetti squash, roasted veggies and eggplant. My blood sugar which was borderline prediabetic went to normal and I lost alot of weight. I did not crave any sweet carby foods. It was amazing. Then I ended up getting pregnant with twins and well.....yeh. I wish I had the koach to do it again. Maybe after Covid Laugh

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:15 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Bumping this. DH did this about 6 years ago. Lost a bunch of weight, but then gave up, said he did not feel good on it and has gained it all back and more. I have been pushing for him to go back on it. He is not into all of the earthy crunchy- feel good stuff- coaching that comes with it. I told him I would do that part and the ordering and keep him on track. Just spoke with a coach (the husband of the original coach) and I don't feel like I have control of the first order that we are putting in. I want to be able to look at the website- make changes- he wanted to save us money and get the on the go kit- but we found last time dh did not do any shakes so that is a waste. I had to push for the new coach to tell me what could be replaced and also push for him to look up what did not have soy. Not getting a good feeling from this coach. Like it is all a gimick and there is a secret code language so he makes money....which I know they do, but.......Maybe I need to talk to his wife....

I never let them order for me. Even my first month...
Also most things have soy as that's the protein that's used.
You do not have to get the box that's given. Definitely speak to his wife... or just sign-on online via your old account and make an order.

mommy15

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:16 pm
I know I really dont like the whole kit thing it just makes it easier for the coach to order your food bec after the 1st month you put the order through yourself. Tell him that you want to cutomize your order because of food allergies.... They have a $90 off promition now that might only be for the kit not sure.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:38 pm
How do you get off it without gaining all the weight back?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:14 pm
mommy15 wrote:
I know I really dont like the whole kit thing it just makes it easier for the coach to order your food bec after the 1st month you put the order through yourself. Tell him that you want to cutomize your order because of food allergies.... They have a $90 off promition now that might only be for the kit not sure.

He mentioned the $90 off... Vould be.
Don't want to insult him, but I think I need to speak to the wife... she she is more my speed. I felt like I was being pushed with him into a cult...

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:08 pm
I’m on it for the second time. Went off it cuz was dealing with a lot of stuff. Originally lost over 80 pounds. Now on it again and was easy getting back into it. I was a coach last time around but don’t think I would do that again
You don’t gain weight if you do the maintenance phase properly and stay on it.
It’s like any other diet, you go off you gain it back.
The beat thing about it that you lose weight very quickly so it’s motivating to keep with it

mommy15

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:17 pm
I do feel it is cultish and thats what I dont like about it but they do sell a lot this way.... And some pple can stick to it and some pple cant. Yes it was the only diet I was able to lose in though.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:51 pm
mommy15 wrote:
I do feel it is cultish and thats what I dont like about it but they do sell a lot this way.... And some pple can stick to it and some pple cant. Yes it was the only diet I was able to lose in though.

I also think it’s cultish that’s why I don’t want to be a coach this time. Don’t want to broadcast my eating
If someone asks what I’m doing I tell them but the whole “converting” people is too much
I do feel that the coaches really are helpful and are there for support

lamplighter

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:06 pm
What is the maintenance plan?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 9:18 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I also think it’s cultish that’s why I don’t want to be a coach this time. Don’t want to broadcast my eating
If someone asks what I’m doing I tell them but the whole “converting” people is too much

Ha yes! I have a few acquaintances on facebook that are coaches and they broadcast everything , all their feelings emotions etc... They have done all the hard work and I am supper happy and proud for them.. supportive, but when I listen to them talk on their videos, I want to eat cookies! And I just saw my supper/super typo- leaving it there.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 9:21 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
He mentioned the $90 off... Vould be.
Don't want to insult him, but I think I need to speak to the wife... she she is more my speed. I felt like I was being pushed with him into a cult...

Optavia is kind of cultish. Its not just a diet. Its a whole culture , with “coaches” who learn for 6 hours telling you they know better than medical professionals , it’s dangerous and causes long lasting harm to many people, and the prices of their products are insane. I tried it for a couple of months as I have tried many other diets but this one was seriously the worst. And my coaches encouragement that I was doing great even as I was feeling awful made it harder for me to iust up and leave

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 1:12 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

Since you were a coach the last time- maybe you can tell me if my expectation is wrong.. Is it asking too much of a coach to look at a recipe and tell me if I convert it from flour to almond flour where would that put me on the lean and green? Or if I ask what her shavuot menu is and she tells me to look on pinterest or to look at my shavuot menu and tell me it looks ok...

I did ask about the flour and she told me she did not know and I should call nutrition support- but shouldn't she should be doing that if she doesn't know. I am under the impression- that there is a monetary incentive to being a coach- am I wrong- so if I am am"paying" her through my purchases- shouldn't I be getting a service or is that asking too much?
Thanks in advance!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise