Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need Your Recommendation for 2/3 day trip!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 2:10 am
I'm in the NY / NJ area and want to go away for 2-3 days.

1. Need a location that is non-tznius issue for DH
2. Need minyanim
3. (kosher food)

DH does not want to got to Miami Beach due to tznius issue. Any Recommendations?

Is North Miami Beach or Boca pretty? How do they compare to South Miami Beach?

doctorima

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 10:09 am
When do you want to go away, and what are you interested in doing on your vacation? You could go explore a nearby city with minyanim and kosher food like DC or Boston, which won't tie up to much time in transit. You could fly to Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas, or Houston, which also have all of the above and are a bit warmer since they're farther south.

Even better would be a place like Palm Springs or San Diego, but for only 2-3 days, I don't know that it pays to spend so much time on an airplane, unless you'll take a redeye to maximize your time. You could go to Boca, but it depend how worried DH is about seeing anything non-tznius; it's still a warm climate and on the water.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 10:21 am
@doctorima, thank you, you are so helpful!

We'd like to go in the next 2-3 weeks.
I'll tell you what my issue is, I really would like to go to a place that is 'bucket list' worthy. I love seeing new places, we are into nature, not the museum type.

Any of those areas that you mentioned are a 'must-see?'

I was thinking of the Grand Canyon, would you know if it's they type to do in 2 1/2 days?

I really appreciate everyone's help!

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 10:23 am
People in mb, nmb and Boca all dress the same. It's the same weather.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 10:33 am
In any warm place, there will be people dressed non tzenuis, pritzus is a given in warm climate.
Would you go to New Hampshire? There's plenty winter activities to do there.

SleepingBeauty

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 11:09 am
doctorima, I have the same requirements as OP and you sound like you've been around, may I pm you, would you be interested in helping me with our vacation?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 11:13 am
Try Arizona. It’s full of nature and kosher food with minyan etc

doctorima

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 11:18 am
NH is lovely in the winter, but there's no weekday minyan AFAIK (check Arlington to confirm). Personally, I love the Grand Canyon and am the type to make such a packed trip, but it's not for everybody. It depends if your goal is to relax and do nothing and come back recharged, or to go and check off a bucket list item.

2 days would be pushing it, but you could definitely do it in 3. Fly in the morning to either PHX or LAS and drive from there 4ish hours to the GC, get your initial view, and then get a good night's sleep. Then you have the entire next day to explore and enjoy, which is enough for most people. The following day, you can explore it a bit more, or even leave early and stop on the way back to the airport in Sedona (if PHX) or Red Rock Canyon/Valley of Fire (if LAS).

If you go, make sure to hike down the first 1-1.5 miles of the South Kaibab Trail (not the Bright Angel Trail). Feel free to PM me with any more questions. The Grand Canyon is amazing; I love it!

doctorima

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 11:19 am
SleepingBeauty wrote:
doctorima, I have the same requirements as OP and you sound like you've been around, may I pm you, would you be interested in helping me with our vacation?

Sure, my pleasure, I'm the unofficial imamother travel agent. Smile

Batsheva1

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 11:44 am
For 2-3 days it's not worth it to fly. For the Grand Canyon I would want to make the most of it and not shortchange myself and to go for 2 days, you're really shortchanging yourself. A trip like that needs a minimum of a week. There are many nice things to do a short driving distance away. People have mentioned Boston. There's Philly, Washinton D.C., Newport Rhode Island, maybe Saratoga Springs, or Niagra Falls.

SleepingBeauty

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 11:48 am
DrIma, thanks I will pm you.
Basheva, have you been to the GC yet?

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 12:10 pm
We did the Grand Canyon. We did it as a day trip, left from Las Vegas very early in the morning and came back to the Vegas hotel very late at night. There were no minyanin anywhere near the grand Canyon, and some hikers were very skimpily dressed. But dh's eyes were on the GC view, which is spectacular.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics