Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Forgot to renew my Baby's health insurance-now what?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 8:18 pm
My baby had insurance through the NYStateofHealth Exchange. He just turned a year, and I forgot to renew by Feb 15th, which means he is only covered through the rest of Feb, but will not have insurance in March. I totally did not realize that I had to renew. Turns out that they sent me reminder emails, but they all went into my spam folder.

Anyone had any experience with this?

What should I do?

hodeez

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 8:18 pm
Call them asap they might be able to do something for you. Explain the situation.

trixx

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 8:21 pm
I'm pretty sure you can ask retroactively for them to cover the missing months. I had this when there was a few months gap between expiration and renewal and when you renew you write if there is any span of time missing that you will need help covering. You should be able to call.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 8:43 pm
They might give coverage retroactively.
Otherwise, it doesn’t mean he’ll need a dr in March. Hopefully he won’t.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 8:49 pm
You will be more likely to have them reopen the case if you go to an HRA office directly and ask them if they can do so. It might take you some time, but it will be worth it.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:
My baby had insurance through the NYStateofHealth Exchange. He just turned a year, and I forgot to renew by Feb 15th, which means he is only covered through the rest of Feb, but will not have insurance in March. I totally did not realize that I had to renew. Turns out that they sent me reminder emails, but they all went into my spam folder.

Anyone had any experience with this?

What should I do?

Call Nachas Health Net or the equivalent near you, and have them guide you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics