Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Ds 18 yo in Israel a place to stay in Tel Aviv until pesach

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 12:55 pm
He is there until pesach. Is there a good affordable place to stay in Tel Aviv. Or a program that he can join? We are modern orthodox.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 7:01 pm
Ive seen abraham hostel on youtube a lot, not religious hostel but very inexpensive, looks nice , safe & clean. Dont know how close to a shul.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 2:51 am
Just thinking outta the box here - if it doesn't have to be TA, maybe he could volunteer on a religious kibbutz?

DrMom

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 3:35 am
amother wrote:
Ive seen abraham hostel on youtube a lot, not religious hostel but very inexpensive, looks nice , safe & clean. Dont know how close to a shul.

Still sounds expensive to stay there for 2 months.

What kind of visa does he have? Can he get some type of job (waiting table, etc.) so he can afford a place to live?

Tel Aviv is super-expensive. Can he stay outside of the city instead?

etky

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 4:07 am
amother wrote:

DD stayed there during the summer for a couple of nights while accomanying a friend from the States on her tour around the country.
The Abraham hostels are indeed nice, safe and friendly places. They also stayed in the one in Jerusalem and in Nazareth.
I think though that however reasonable they may be it will still be expensive for two months.
If you want more info though I can ask DD.

heidi

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 4:15 am
OP, I know you didn't ask this so feel free to ignore.
18 year olds far from home with no supervision are at risk for drug addiction, irresponsible zexual flings etc. etc. etc. Or they are very easy targets for all sorts of abuse or being taken advantage of.
If he's not there on a program shouldn't he be home with you?

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 3:46 pm
amother wrote:
Just thinking outta the box here - if it doesn't have to be TA, maybe he could volunteer on a religious kibbutz?

This sounds like a good idea. Do you know names of kibutz? TIA

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 4:22 pm
amother wrote:
This sounds like a good idea. Do you know names of kibutz? TIA

I take no responsibility for frumkeit level! But you could look into Chofetz Chaim, Lavi, Beit Rimon, Shaalvim, Kfar Etzion, Migdal Oz, Yavneh...

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 4:41 pm
amother wrote:
I take no responsibility for frumkeit level! But you could look into Chofetz Chaim, Lavi, Beit Rimon, Shaalvim, Kfar Etzion, Migdal Oz, Yavneh...

Thank you! Which one is the frumest and best conditions? And how do I register?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 5:21 pm
https://global.mazi.travel/F6FB2EA5.en.aspx

I think this is pretty frum. No idea how you proceed from here though, sorry. Maybe contact the office of the Kibbutz itself?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children