Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The Bedtime Story Thread

Boca00

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 7:56 pm
Imasinger, this one's for you...
I thought it was a great idea (mentioned on the secrets thread) to share our original bedtime stories so we don't have to be so original all the time.
Told an original bedtime story? Share it below...

Boca00

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 8:04 pm
Donny wanted his whole family to dress up with a chess theme for Purim. He was going to be a castle, his brother a horse and his baby sister a pawn. His mother decorated mini cakes with choc/white choc squares and put real chess pieces on for shalach manos.

The morning of Purim, Donny excitedly got out of bed. (Cue horror music.) He put on his castle crown/hat but it kept falling off! It was too small! His white shirt was nowhere to be found and his pants were too short! He ran to his brother, to see if he was wearing his horse costume, but he wasn't. "I HATE horses. They smell bad and just eat apples and grass. I want to be Achashverosh!" His baby sister was chewing up her cardboard pawn costume.

He ran to the kitchen to check on the shalach manos, but his father got drunk a little too early and was eating them all up! He started to cry.

At this point, my kids were almost in tears so we had to make it have a happy ending...

Then Donny woke up! His crown fit, his clothes were neatly laid out by his awesome mom and his brother and sister were happily wearing their costumes! His father wasn't drunk and promised to take them all out to deliver their beautiful shalach manos.

(This is so opposite of real life, I know, but I didn't want to give them nighmares.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics