Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Uber/Lyft drivers

Chaya123

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 10:57 am
Which do you prefer? Those who chat or those who just stay quiet, mind their own business and drive?
I prefer the latter, especially when drivers get all friendly and nosy.
Yesterday, I had dr apptmt and then needed to pick up meds from the pharmacy and my Uber driver had to know which medicine I'm getting, if Jews like to patronize private businesses as he saw I went to privately owned pharmacy as opposed to chain, commented on the vast growth in Lakewood etc.
Something told me he was either bored or anti-Semitic or both. He drove well and had clean comfortable fancy car but I just didn't appreciate being in his company.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 11:56 am
Depends on my mood. I can tolerate or enjoy older immigrant drivers when they talk about how different life is here vs their old country.....
I'm ok with drivers asking questions respectfully about my community. I give short basic answers.

I often pretend I got an important phone call and call someone if they are blabering or nasty ("you ppl") and I give a bad review of they are rude. But most are quiet or talk about the weather for 30 seconds and then they are quiet.

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 12:07 pm
I prefer drivers who concentrate on driving, period.

aricelli

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 12:10 pm
Quiet!
Last one was shocked that I had an iphone- said I can only have it for business!
He was worse than a shomrim card!

1ofbillions

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 2:22 pm
I like talking to them! They often have interesting stories or insights to share.

My most recent Uber driver and I discussed whether or not blacks should get paid back for the years they spent being slaves, similar to the way Jews got paid by Germany because of the Holocaust. He said that there’s more unity among the Jewish people, so we accomplish things that the black community is never united enough to accomplish.

Last edited by 1ofbillions on Mon, Mar 18 2019, 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 6:57 am
I prefer not to talk and that's one of the reasons I sit behind. I think it's a fine line doing chit chat with some guy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics