Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Buying shells in Yerushalayim

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 3:15 pm
Calling all Yerushalayim Imas:
Is there anywhere I can buy PB&J shells or kikki Rikki shells in Yerushalayim ? I'm staying in Givat Shaul but I go into the center of the city often.

Also, any idea how the prices compare to the US or Canada ? (I'm not so fond of the OK shells with the buttons.... they catch on the tichels and sheitels).
TIA!!

I would also appreciate any ideas or tips about favourite tichel store and dress shops (for shabbos dresses..... more funky /hippy-esque than button-down).
TIA!!

blessedjmom

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 4:55 pm
The shell station from NY opened a shop in Romema this week!
It's on Yirmiyahu if I'm not mistaken...

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 5:05 pm
Thanks! I'll try to find details.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:24 am
Bumping this up in case anyone else can suggest places for me to go. Or how about for Dickies?
Adresses would be really appreciated. TIA!

iluvjlem

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 3:21 am
"Tights" across from Rav Shefa mall on Shamgar st. sells pb&j shells.

The Shell Station also as mentioned is brand new, located on Yirmiyahu between Minchas Yitzchok and Shamgar

mochamix18

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 4:29 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Bumping this up in case anyone else can suggest places for me to go. Or how about for Dickies?
Adresses would be really appreciated. TIA!

Dickies you can get from Modasty. They have locations on Malchai Yisrael in Geula and Center 1 mall next to the CBS. I’ve also been happy with their shells, skirts and quilted vests for winter

mochamix18

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 4:41 am
I would also appreciate any ideas or tips about favourite tichel store and dress shops (for shabbos dresses..... more funky /hippy-esque than button-down).
TIA!![/quote]
Bandanna on King George is the ultimate tichel emporium with every style you can imagine and very good prices. If you like pashminas there is a place on Yaffo called Siam. It’s not a tichel store per se, but has a lot of nice pashminas in the 10-20₪ range. Sometimes Zoya on corner of King George and Yaffo has nice very inexpensive tichels. There are 3 more places I can suggest: a small place called נוצצים on Yechezkel (right after kikar Shabbos) has the best assortment of large silky square tichels for between 10-20₪, Tyler is a small no name tichel place outside the CBS as you walk towards center 1. It’s between a Falfel stand and cofix, great prices and huge variety cramed into a tiny space. Any Top 10 chain also sells wonderful scarfed that make great tichels. For dresses you will find all sorts of cool hippy stores up and down Yaffo and king George. I also like Chen on corner of king George and Yaffo and Alma in the CBS. For tichels if you shop in the places I suggest, the prices are a fraction of what you would pay in US. I remember from my Brooklyn days burying friends engagement gifts 😂

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:05 am
Thanks, everyone!
Mochamix, what is the 'CBS'?

mochamix18

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:25 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Thanks, everyone!
Mochamix, what is the 'CBS'?

Central Bus Station also known as the Tachana Merkazit Yerushalayim Smile Happy Shopping!

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:29 am
Hahaha. Thank you! Do you think these are open on Friday morning?

mochamix18

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:36 am
They absolutely are open Friday morning.

kislev

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 1:32 pm
There are tons of shells and dickies sold in Geula too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics