Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Leaving a 3 month old for a weekend
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 8:14 pm
We did a mini vac this year: one night, one and a half days and it was really wonderful and I felt more relaxed not leaving my baby that long. Also, because it was so smooth I would do it more often than one longer one

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 9:06 pm
No I wouldn’t. I would take baby along. I traveled with a nursing 6 month old for business and took a babysitter along.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 1:45 am
I breastfeed so I have never even considered this but several good friends of mine have left babies at 10 weeks +. the moms completely trusted the grandparents and it seems to have all worked out ok for everyone.
I say go with your instinct. If this feels ok for you, then do it and enjoy.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 2:25 am
amother wrote:
The only reason I wouldn't is because I breastfeed. If I didn't, I don't see why not. A baby that age won't kno w the difference.

. They surely do know the difference and it can be traumatic for her to not see you for that long. Trust me I'm a therapist. Babies need their mummies. It's a huge misconception that babies don't realise or care if we're there or not. People also forget to talk to their babies. Yes starting from when they are born. You should be talking and chatting to your baby just like you would to any other human being. This is how babies thrive.

rowo

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:51 am
amother wrote:
. They surely do know the difference and it can be traumatic for her to not see you for that long. Trust me I'm a therapist. Babies need their mummies. It's a huge misconception that babies don't realise or care if we're there or not. People also forget to talk to their babies. Yes starting from when they are born. You should be talking and chatting to your baby just like you would to any other human being. This is how babies thrive.

This!
Babies know their mothers!

boysrus

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 11:27 pm
I wouldnt leave a baby that age! I would be pining for my baby and baby would be pining for me. And I nurse baby around the clock.
Dont do it. You will be thinking about your baby all the time!

Happydance

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 11:54 pm
Do research
Find out of this is something emotionally healthy for your just about newborn
I am not a super attached parent, but would never do this to such a young infant

oliveoil

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 12:56 am
amother wrote:
The only reason I wouldn't is because I breastfeed. If I didn't, I don't see why not. A baby that age won't know the difference.

That people who believe this are allowed to be mothers is tragic.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics