Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Please help with ideas! Frustrated with magazine delivery

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 11:27 pm
I get a subscription to Ami magazine. It gets delivered to my house. Every week they toss it in the driveway very close to the street. It is a shared driveway so other cars that leave earlier than me are driving right over the magazine shredding it, and lately for the past few weeks its always been raining or snowy or melting snow, puddles etc...so the magazine is always soggy and wet as well. some weeks so soggy it is a ruined mess and impossible to read. (they deliver super early- at 4 am and I dont get out of my house till a few hours later ) Im getting so frustrated! 6 weeks in a row I have not had my magazine. Buying it again is such a waste of money! What is the point of having a subscription if you have to buy it every week anyway?

anyway I have called them up every single week. I asked them to please come up with another delivery solution! Either place it in the mailbox, or under the porch where it wont get wet etc.. I always speak to some young sounding girl who takes down my info and says she will deal with it and then hangs up. Nothing doing. One week I got so angry I said I am expecting a phone call back this week with the exact way you will take care of this. A soggy shredded mess is unacceptable! I understand they cannot control the weather, but seriously is placing it in the mailbox too much to ask? Arent they supposed to be delivering a solid product? stand behind their product?!

after 6 weeks of calling and getting nowhere(each time the same bored sounding young girl says she will take care of it and then hangs up.) I called again and this time exploded, what is the point of having a subscription if I have to buy the magazine every week anyway! I may as well cancel it and get my money back! I need a solution! This young pisher of girl says hold on.. puts me on hold and after a long wait comes back to the phone and says ok I canceled your subscription! and hung up.
I am so frustrated beyond words! I did not want the subscription canceled! I just want it delivered to me in readable condition! Is that too much to ask for? Now what?
Really need an idea. Need someone I can speak to, other than these young girls who sound like they have no idea how to handle this.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 11:34 pm
I have this sometimes with my binah subscription & they refund me if it's unreadable. They also put it in a double bag in bad weather. The delivery guy doesn't come out of the car, he just tosses it out. It's a real pain to get out of the car & put it in mailboxes.
And screaming at the poor secretary won't be of any help. You sound very mean and not nice. This is no way to talk to costumer service representatives. She handled the situation very well, no one wants to deal with crazies.

MommyM

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 11:53 pm
Binah will mail it to you for the same price. Does Ami do that too? Do they have an email address you can contact them at although it's possible that the same young secretaries will handle it.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 12:06 am
amother wrote:
I have this sometimes with my binah subscription & they refund me if it's unreadable. They also put it in a double bag in bad weather. The delivery guy doesn't come out of the car, he just tosses it out. It's a real pain to get out of the car & put it in mailboxes.
And screaming at the poor secretary won't be of any help. You sound very mean and not nice. This is no way to talk to costumer service representatives. She handled the situation very well, no one wants to deal with crazies.

so how does that work? Every single week you get refunded for your magazine and every week you go and buy it in the store? How does that help? You pay more buying it in the store per week, so a refund doesnt help. I am not a crazy. I am frustrated! This magazine is my whole shabbos. The first few times it happened I was super calm and understanding. I only got mad when they promised to call back and never did and no solution in sight. The double bagging is a joke- they leave it open the water seeps right in. I just want a readable magazine!
Mailing it is the same price? and it arrives weekly on time?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 12:07 am
Try writing a letter to the editor, maybe you will get a better response from the higher ups.
You have a right to expect better customer service than that. Very unprofessional.
Maybe try another magazine, they clearly don't appreciate your business.

forgetit

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 12:28 am
I would try an email and see if you get a more professional response.
I had wonderful experience with Mishpacha in this regard. There's no reason why you shouldn't demand it of them too.
Bad weather was double bagged, but if unreadable, or if the magazine simply didnt show up (happens sometimes), or if the driver mixed up and gave me Ami instead of Mishpacha (we had that once when alot of Ami subscribers got Mishpacha, and Mishpacha subscribers got Ami) they offered one of the following:
1. Redeliver on Friday
2. Mail (arrived after Shabbos, though) I did this once for Pesach issue and got it on chol hamoed. Was too tired to reach before then anyway:)
3. Issue a credit. I'm usually backed in reading dept. so I'm fine with missing a week.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 12:32 am
I don't think you sound crazy at all. I had an experience with a magazine that kept billing me every single month for six month for a subscription that I had canceled. I know it's only around $20 a month but that added up to quite a bit of money. I found that writing an email did help and yes getting frustrated with them and saying that I'm not hanging up the phone until they give me a supervisor also helped. I was fairly pleasant with them but towards the end I told the lady that I couldn't keep paying my bills this way.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 12:32 am
Binah delivery is great. Double bagged in bad weather and if it doesn't come or is ruined, they extend your subscription another week or mail you a copy before Shabbos.

Maybe Ami should take note...I'm sure you're not the only subscriber with this issue...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 1:52 am
Wow guys. I love reading this since I work for the binah, and actually used to work in the subscription dept.

But yes, as you say, by us it is also a pisher that picks up the phone. But after getting multiple complaints, (it’s not us, it’s the delivery service we have to complain to) and with nothing happening, it gets escalated to the manager and 9/10 times she can get it resolved.

Now for an immediate solution. Let’s say today’s paper comes all wet. We can extend your subscription by a week. And you buy one in the stores. Or we mail you a copy. But we cannot guarantee delivery before Shabbos.

Now for people who are having lots of delivery problems. We do offer mail delivery at the same price. But again, no guarantee of when it will arrive. Usually arrives way before Shabbos, since binah comes out on Monday.

And yes. I was already told, we do have exceptional customer service.
I get Ami delivered to my house. There is usually no one to talk to if you have a delivery problem. It’s all automated.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 1:53 am
And another thing op. You aren’t crazy at all. Any sane person would understand your frustration. 6 weeks is a very long time to be understanding. Most people would scream after 2-3 times. So yes. You were very patient and just canceling like that isn’t customer service.

STovah

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 8:40 am
Sometimes tipping the delivery guy annually helps with this.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 8:45 am
I get the ami and they actually throw it on my front steps even though I have a driveway. Sorry for your frustration op!

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 8:46 am
Stovah, it's not possible to tip the delivery guy, they come like 4:30/5 in the AM. And if its a more rhs than 1 family house, they have no idea who it goes to.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:13 am
You should not have to tip (basically have an extra fee) for decent service. If nothing else, their employee should have been more polite to YOU.
Years ago when it first started, my mom called up Ami with a complaint and the young girl on the phone basically laughed at her. I see their customer service has not improved....

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:15 am
You don't sound crazy at all, just very frustrated. You should call again and nicely insist on speaking to a supervisor. And if the supervisor sounds very young, ask for her supervisor. Keep going until you find someone who commits to help you.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
Stovah, it's not possible to tip the delivery guy, they come like 4:30/5 in the AM. And if its a more rhs than 1 family house, they have no idea who it goes to.
the delivery guy leaves an envelope every holiday season...

watergirl

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 10:43 am
Vote with your wallet. Chose a magazine who cares enough about your business to hire people who speak nicely, dont hang up the phone, ans take care of issues. AMI is known for not dealing nicely with people who complain to them.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 10:46 am
email, don't call
find out the head of subscriptions at ami, and email that person
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room