Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Really low maintenance wig
1  2  3  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:09 am
Does this exist? I'm looking for a wig that's super-low maintenance. Like air dry, or needs to get done once in 6 months. So I know air dry is a thing, but the ones I've seen are very voluptuous, and look good only in very long lengths. I want one that's VERY flat and fine, I don't mind waves but not thick ones, and something that will look good worn just past the shoulder. I have an irene, and when I get it set it lasts 3-4 months and I get compliments on it, but it's very thick and voluminous and the waves are huge. It's very glam and dressed up. I want casual, cute, comfy. I want to spend about 1500, but curious to know if this exists even if it's much more expensive. My main criteria are that it be low maintenance or maintenance free. Put on, brush out, pull off, looks amazing. No hassle. All recommendations welcome.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:29 am
Irenes come in different volumes: I got a very flat one on sale recently, I love it... the styling lasts because there basically is nothing that wouldnt hold! Its not very long though, just past the shoulders- a bit longer in the back. (I barely had to cut it when I bought it) perhaps thats why it was on sale- I’m sure they come in different lengths

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
Irenes come in different volumes: I got a very flat one on sale recently, I love it... the styling lasts because there basically is nothing that wouldnt hold! Its not very long though, just past the shoulders- a bit longer in the back. (I barely had to cut it when I bought it) perhaps thats why it was on sale- I’m sure they come in different lengths
What style is it? And I always wonder if someone else's flat is my volume. Because when I say flat, I mean really flat and thin. In general I feel the irene's are too coarse to really have that flat look, but maybe not.

cm

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:41 am
Would you consider a high-end synthetic?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:42 am
Any wig can be thinned out. I have a shoulder length air dry irene wig, I love it. Mamish no maintenance. But if you wear it every day you need to wash it more often than every 4-6 months.
Bella air dry wigs are thinner than irene but over 1500.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:46 am
I have a bella and irene: like them both so far the irenes even better but the bellas quite new so maybe I need to break in. Flat means very straight and thin without even thinning it out- I’ve had a very full Irene that was way to wavy so I know that they sell both types.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:48 am
I dont know where you are located but Chaya Heiligman in brooklyn runs sales on many different company wigs for great prices- I’ve got beautiful flat ones by her for great prices

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:57 am
amother wrote:
Any wig can be thinned out. I have a shoulder length air dry irene wig, I love it. Mamish no maintenance. But if you wear it every day you need to wash it more often than every 4-6 months.
Bella air dry wigs are thinner than irene but over 1500.
What style is it?

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:57 am
cm wrote:
Would you consider a high-end synthetic?
Don't think so

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:58 am
amother wrote:
I have a bella and irene: like them both so far the irenes even better but the bellas quite new so maybe I need to break in. Flat means very straight and thin without even thinning it out- I’ve had a very full Irene that was way to wavy so I know that they sell both types.
Flat doesn't have to mean very straight, it can be flat and thin with some waves

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 10:05 am
amother wrote:
Flat doesn't have to mean very straight, it can be flat and thin with some waves

Youre right : sorry, was writing quickly while doing my shabbos: I meant to say that my flat one is very straight. I did put in some slight waves one time but I just love the straight look so went back to that.
I have an older Michal thats sleek and beautiful that those are very pricy

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 10:10 am
amother wrote:
Youre right : sorry, was writing quickly while doing my shabbos: I meant to say that my flat one is very straight. I did put in some slight waves one time but I just love the straight look so went back to that.
I have an older Michal thats sleek and beautiful that those are very pricy

Which wig is flat and straight? I'd love something like that for a blunt cut

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 10:14 am
Like I said- I have three thin ones:Very thin Irene dolce and bella and michal but michals way pricey- good luck!

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 10:19 am
My Ali wig from tsingtao is flat sleek straight and low maintenance. I paid under $400 for a shoulder length wig and requested added density.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 10:35 am
amother wrote:
Like I said- I have three thin ones:Very thin Irene dolce and bella and michal but michals way pricey- good luck!
Are all these air dry? How are they cut/styled?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 10:42 am
OP, my wig air dries wavy/curly.

amother1223

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 11:37 am
My Elle sheitel fits this description but cost me around $900 and I love it. Try Elle Sheitels http://www.ellesheitels.com/contact

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 11:48 am
OP here. I would get another irene because I'm pretty happy with the one I have and the price was right, BUT when I got this one, I tired explaining to them what I was looking for, and ended up with something totally different. I told them I wanted thin, fine, casual, wavy, potentially air dry, and the one they gave me could technically be air dried but would look way too wild for me, it's really thick and coarse. It's nice for weddings and shabbos, but really not me. How would I make sure they don't do the same thing to me again? Also, it doesn't need to get done often, but I wouldn't call it low maintenance. I don't know if they waves would hold up to brushing. I want something I can run a brush through and plop on my head. Effortless wavy lob maybe? Is this a pipe dream?

trixx

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 11:52 am
Love my binah and they are currently closing and closeout prices 500-1500
Binahwigs on insta

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 12:28 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. I would get another irene because I'm pretty happy with the one I have and the price was right, BUT when I got this one, I tired explaining to them what I was looking for, and ended up with something totally different. I told them I wanted thin, fine, casual, wavy, potentially air dry, and the one they gave me could technically be air dried but would look way too wild for me, it's really thick and coarse. It's nice for weddings and shabbos, but really not me. How would I make sure they don't do the same thing to me again? Also, it doesn't need to get done often, but I wouldn't call it low maintenance. I don't know if they waves would hold up to brushing. I want something I can run a brush through and plop on my head. Effortless wavy lob maybe? Is this a pipe dream?

Irenes are all thick
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics