Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Beit Shmuel , Jerusalem

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Mar 02 2019, 9:48 pm
Has anyone ever heard of this venue? Specifically for a bar/ bat mitzvah?
What kind of space is it? What kind of people make a simcha at this venue? And would chareidim feel comfortable attending?

etky

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:31 am
Been there a number of times for Smachot, including my nephew's bar mitzvah.
Amazing view of the Old City from the outdoor area on the mirpeset/roof and there's also a nice garden reception area for warm weather events. It's a very nice venue.
Food was excellent all the times we've been there, but we haven't been there in a few years so I can't attest to how it is now.
We're DL. Don't know how charedim would feel about the place 'cause as you probably know it is an educational campus for Reform Judaism in Israel.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 1:26 am
As far as I know, it does not have a rabbanut hashgacha. You might want to check.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 1:46 am
I was told that it's assur to rent the place as the money goes to something assur. There are so many, many beautiful venues in Jerusalem, why would someone specifically choose that one?

My cousin made a bar mitzvah there. We were told that I should go for shalom but dh should not, and not to bring any of our kids. I did not eat there. If the bar mitzvah had been someplace else we all would have gone and enjoyed, especially as we are quite close to these cousins.
We are chareidi.
Hope that helps.

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 3:10 am
amother wrote:
As far as I know, it does not have a rabbanut hashgacha. You might want to check.

Please do not spread lashon harah. This is something very easy to check:
https://wupj.org/beit-shmuel-mercaz-shimshon/
Quote:
The catering services, kitchen, dining rooms and cafeteria are Kosher under Rabbinate supervision and have a full-time in-house Orthodox “Mashgiach”. A Kashrut certificate is issued by the regional Rabbinate. The venue is recognized by the Chief Rabbinate as Kosher and suitable for Orthodox Chuppah & marriage ceremonies.

Personally, I would feel uncomfortable knowing that my payments were being used to fund the Reform Movement, but kudos to them for offering a kosher venue.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 7:17 am
DrMom wrote:
Personally, I would feel uncomfortable knowing that my payments were being used to fund the Reform Movement, but kudos to them for offering a kosher venue.

Thanks. My bad, I checked it out for a simcha a while ago and the situation was different then. That's why I didn't say anything definite, just suggested checking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics