Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dieting on Shabbos
Previous  1  2

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 1:47 am
That's my "diet" that's not a diet.

I make better choices during the week and no snacks or treats, but on Shabbos I let myself eat whatever I want.

As a diet it may be stupid, but as a lifestyle change it feels sustainable to me.

And I think it will lead to better results overall.

toysrus

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:42 am
I'm going to be honest I found the only way that worked, was treating shabbos the same as any other day of the week, thats not to say I didnt allow myself challah, dips etc but when it came to cakes, snacks, nosh etc I found once I started it was too hard to set the limits and I usually ended up over-indulging

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:48 am
I make baked or steamed fish for me instead of traditional fish. I found that the guests enjoy a different type of fish, so I end up making much more than I need for myself.

I skip dips. Sometimes I serve onions cooked with the fish. It goes over big. I use a lot of spices.

I eat chicken soup without matzo balls or noodles. Chicken soup broth is low calorie.

I either eat a small portion of chulent. I use smaller bowls for me, or I prepare a lower calorie version of off a fleish course and limit my serving of protien to 3 oz.

My China pattern has 2 versions of bowls. It's really not noticeable that my bowl is smaller.

My starch are the meal is a piece of matzoh or a challah roll.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:54 am
I eat whole wheat matza instead of challah.
I skip kneidlach.
I try to avoid all white stuff.
I make food to nosh on Shabbos afternoon - seasoned airpopped popcorn, baked apples, roasted vegetables, etc. And my normal go tos like nuts, etc.

Bli ayin hara so far so good.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:21 am
I eat a normal meals with just one slice of challah. Regular dips for that one slice. Sugar free fish. No noodles. No matza balls. Regular cholent.
Then I don't eat anything else for the rest of Shabbos. (I sometimes have a diet cheese snack for breakfast)

levlongnprosper

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 11:33 am
OP, are you eating at home or out? Out is a lot harder and is more about portion control. In, you can control. Make delicious whole-foods based options an lots of vegetables and salads. Again portion control is helpful. I don't know about you, but for me a really nice well made salad with all the fancy things (avocado, heart of palm, fruit, whatever) and a nice homemade dressing is a lot nicer and more special than the same kugel over and over again.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise