Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Mediterranean Diet- Help me stay accountable!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

rachel0615

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 9:23 pm
Hi!

I missed posting. We went on a little vacation and I was not following this plan strictly although I did make mostly good choices, with a few planned indulgences. Up 1 pound and totally ok with it.

Today I had-

B- coffee with 6 tbspn creamer, trail mix

L- brown rice veggie sushi

D- one slice whole wheat bread, fried egg and 3 slices smoked brisket with bbq sauce

rachel0615

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 6:38 pm
Sorry for being MIA if anyone is reading. Life gets so busy BH!

B- peanutbutter chocolate trail mix with coffee and 6 teaspoons creamer and almond milk

L- tilapia marsala with spinach pasta roasted tomato mushroom salad- so good!

S- oat peanutchocolate ball- delicious! and whole wheat pumpkin muffin

D- roasted veggie soup with turkey mini meatballs and avocado hearts of palm salad Smile

If you are reading, let me know and tell me about your health journey!

Cheshire cat

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 7:47 pm
Hi. Me again! I love reading your meal plans- everything sounds delicious and so wholesome. Do you cook/ bake it all yourself, or do you order in some of it?

Are you losing weight?

As for me, well, I keep falling off the wagon. My good intentions are not enough to get me through the day, alas...

My goal is to get through three days of following my plan perfectly, and then to come here to celebrate that victory.

That will be the day! King

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 8:18 pm
What chocolate peanut butter trail mix is it that you have? Looking for some diet-friendly snacks here...

rachel0615

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 9:12 pm
Good for you for tracking!

I make all my food. I plan out my dinner menu on Saturday night which is super helpful and try to stick to it as best I can...Nothing I make is complicated at all so lmk if you want a recipe.

Why don't you plan your menu and post it for tomorrow and then you can let us know how it went? Might motivate you that you will be reporting back to stick to it!

My peanutbutter chocolate trail mix is the best thing ever but not a diet trailmix. Its 150 calories for 1/4 a cup and has sugar and all sorts of things in it. But I dont over eat it and it makes me super happy. Its the Meijers brand Smile

Cheshire cat

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 10:41 pm
Ok. I'll try it!

Breakfast:
Coffee.
Toasted whole grain bread topped with cottage cheese and veggies

Lunch:
Tuna salad over Israeli salad

Snack: whole grain blueberry muffin, maybe Greek yogurt..

Dinner:
Vegetable soup
Turkey - lettuce salad
Chinese rice (basmati long grain)

Snack:
Sliced apple wedges with peanut butter

Plenty water throughout the day.

rachel0615

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 6:10 am
Looks good! Let us know how it goes! Not sure if you are doing this for health or weight loss. If for weight loss, its important to track the calories in addition to following this way of eating because it is easy to eat lots of calories without realizing. I aim for 1300 calories a day and 90 oz of water.

I weight myself on Thursdays so will let you know tomorrow!!

Cheshire cat

Post Sat, Mar 02 2019, 9:54 pm
Ok. Reporting back:

Wednesday was perfect. first successful day in weeks!

Thursday: quite good, though I found myself rummaging in the fridge, and obsessing over food a bit. At night, I grabbed two kind bars and just scarfed it right down. Could've been worse, these bars are healthy, but after an entire day.. I was disappointed that I lapsed at the end.

Friday, ate Mediterranean approved food- but way too much of it! Friday is always my hardest day, since I'm in the kitchen a lot, under stress, and there is no routine. I had three breads at breakfast, ate too much fruit..

And Shabbos was just a continuation of Friday, plus cheesecake.

I will start again tomorrow. There is something about Sunday that instills hope into this dieter's heart each week. New beginnings and all that...

Good luck to us all!

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 2:34 am
Cheiny wrote:
I can tell you right now you’re setting yourself up for failure right off the bat. You’re not eating enough, and that will surely trip you up very soon. There’s no way to maintain such a sparse diet, you’ll end up feeling starved and deprived and will inevitably go off the diet. Make sure to eat more, and eat every 4 hours.

Eating every 4 hrs is the worse thing you can do for fatty liver disease.
Every time you eat you spike insulin.
Insulin is the fat storage hormone.
This is what makes a fatty liver.
That and too much sugar in the diet.
Fatty Liver is one of the symptoms of insulin resistance, pre-diabetes.

BTW- the best way to eat to reverse fatty liver disease is a ketogenic lifestyle. It will also help with appetite control and cravings.

Mediterranean is all the rage now since they’ve changed the National food pyramid to this. Drs and dietitians must recommend this way of eating, if not they risk losing their licenses.
But just because it’s dr. recommended doesn’t mean it’s the right approach.
I would ask what percentage of his patients reversed their fatty liver disease with his recommendations. I’ll bet you anything he won’t give you a straight answer.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 5:50 am
For insulin resistance/prediabetes/diabetes best is a low carb diet. These meals sound so yummy but many days you have lots of carbs & not so balanced.
Let's say banana has lots of sugar even if you considered a fruit, so besides for fruit it also ends up being a carb. Same with sweet potato which you might consider vegetable.
Fruit smoothie can have lots of antioxidants from fruits but also lots of sugar.
You don't write how much brown rice or oatmeal you are having that can add up to many carbs as well.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 5:52 am
Maybe it's ok to have little bit of these by every meal but you sometimes do three of these things together in one meal

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:27 am
Kind bars aren't that healthy, they're full of sugar.

rachel0615

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 11:01 am
Thanks for all the feedback.

Ketogenic diet is actually really bad for fatty liver. Ketogenic diet requires a lot of fat to be eaten, but the fat would make my liver even worse. There are lots of people on facebook who have been doing Med diet and their labs came back much improved. I am going for labs in a few weeks and we will see- hoping for the best.

Lets try to keep this thread a place of positive thoughts. If you have something constructive to say, that is great. But make sure not to just come out and say that isnt healthy, dont do that. We are all doing our best to watch over our bodies and health!

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 11:56 am
You ended up losing weight? How much weight did you lose? How long are you on this diet?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:04 pm
rachel0615 wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback.

Ketogenic diet is actually really bad for fatty liver. Ketogenic diet requires a lot of fat to be eaten, but the fat would make my liver even worse. There are lots of people on facebook who have been doing Med diet and their labs came back much improved. I am going for labs in a few weeks and we will see- hoping for the best.

Lets try to keep this thread a place of positive thoughts. If you have something constructive to say, that is great. But make sure not to just come out and say that isnt healthy, dont do that. We are all doing our best to watch over our bodies and health!

That’s not actually true. Fatty liver is caused by high triglycerides which are from carbs. Research, research, research.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:08 pm
Andrea I didn't know that I suffer from both.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:11 pm
dankbar wrote:
Andrea I didn't know that I suffer from both.

https://idmprogram.com/fatty-liver-t2d-25/

chaniej

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:45 pm
I'm following here too!
Just wanna commiserate that it's so hard to make diet changes and ur making all the changes yummy! Thanks for all the ideas!

rachel0615

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 6:18 pm
andrea levy wrote:
That’s not actually true. Fatty liver is caused by high triglycerides which are from carbs. Research, research, research.

I'm curious- are you a dr? My dr felt very strongly that mostly plant based foods are best, in addition to lean proteins. My labs have gotten better although not perfect. I am hoping when I go in a few weeks they will be even better IYH. Please realize you are talking to a human being here who has been through the ringer medically and is living with this condition. When you say everything I have been told is wrong and I am hurting myself, it is very scary. I am going to stick with what my dr said, but just know that the comments that I am eating wrong and my dr is misleading me has unleashed a lot of anxiety.

rachel0615

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 6:20 pm
dankbar wrote:
You ended up losing weight? How much weight did you lose? How long are you on this diet?

Sorry- just seeing this now! I have been doing it around 2 months and am down 10 pounds. I am also exercising 3 times a week and drinking 80-90 oz of water.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise