Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Removing earpieces from wigs

Chew21

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 1:22 pm
I hear alot of ppl are doing this. I'm thinking of doing this so I can wear behind my ears and get that "ear tuck" look. Have you done this? Do you regret? TIA

Chew21

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 6:58 pm
Bump

Chickpea

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:03 pm
I often wear the "ear tuck look." I did not have the entire earpieces removed, just the tips, and that is adequate to give "the look", at least for me. In the past, I've had the entire ear pieces removed and did not find the sheitel to be as comfortable.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 11:49 am
Bump. Any other opinions? I never even knew you could do this. I hate that the hair is always falling in my face and looks wiggy if I tuck it behind the ear.

mdogzz

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 11:59 am
I got my earpieces removed and it's 100 times more comfortable than it was before. I partially got it done because I was having a really hard time wearing a mask with the ear pieces. The mask was so uncomfortable and was so hard to put on with the ear pieces in the way. And as a plus the tucking behind the ear in the summer heat is so nice. I'm saving up money to get my other sheitels ear pieces removed.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 12:00 pm
I removed my ear pieces and it's a bit too much wish I would have removed just part of it.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:41 pm
Chew21 wrote:
I hear alot of ppl are doing this. I'm thinking of doing this so I can wear behind my ears and get that "ear tuck" look. Have you done this? Do you regret? TIA

Uch I think wearing the wig behind the ears looks awful and very faker, not natural looking at all

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 8:54 pm
How much does it cost to remove the earpieces, approximately?

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 8:58 pm
I think it looks cute at times but I can't stand seeing these women tucking their wigs non-stop. like my SIL the other day. when I was at the park with her. she literally tucked it behind her ears like 10 times in 5 minutes.

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 9:01 pm
I had mine removed ages ago bec I have sensory issues. Didn’t even realize that people were doing it for this reason!
And it is sooo much more comfortable!

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 9:19 pm
I did it, wish I had done it sooner. Much more comfortable, lessens the volume around the face, allows for an ear tuck (sorry to the above poster but I think it looks great 🤷🏼‍♀️).

libadmin

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 9:33 pm
I removed them from my lace front/lace top wigs with the combs and just use the velvet band- very comfortable. Just check how much they would remove because if it’s a lot, you’ll end up showing more than you may want and need to push some hair forward ( which kind of defeats the purpose but gives it a nice look for half ponies or just pushed back from the face)

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 9:41 pm
I am not entirely sure I understand this. Can somebody post pics or a video showing what this means, ie a pic of a wig with earpieces and one without? I think it would be most hepful to see what the inside edges of the wigs look like and how they're different.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 1:29 pm
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
I am not entirely sure I understand this. Can somebody post pics or a video showing what this means, ie a pic of a wig with earpieces and one without? I think it would be most hepful to see what the inside edges of the wigs look like and how they're different.

Bump

mizle10

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 1:47 pm
You can tuck it behind your ear much better without the ear piece, but keep in mind if they take off too much you can’t pull it back or out it half up.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 6:57 pm
you can do it yourself. you tube has tons of videos
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels