Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Enrichment Calculus tutor for 11th-grade girl

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 3:29 am
Looking for someone to teach the subject, or something similar for college-readiness, to my math wiz daughter (as her school doesn't offer it). Boro Park/Flatbush area, maybe even Staten Island (though we'd love if you can come over to us in BP); usually 2x weekly. We're really only looking to line someone up for next year but arrangement can start already now, at your convenience. It can even be for a current 12th-grade or college student (probably ideal ; ) to share some spunk with a fun-loving teenager who also happens to enjoy math...Or anyone knows of a class in the area? Would greatly appreciate any responses.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:28 pm
Khanacademy.org -- she can log in for FREE at her own pace and it has the following...

Math
Early math
Arithmetic
Pre-algebra
Algebra 1
Geometry
Algebra 2
Trigonometry
Precalculus
Statistics & probability
AP®︎ Calculus AB
AP®︎ Calculus BC
AP®︎ Statistics
Multivariable calculus
Differential equations
Linear algebra

I'm doing it now and then just for fun. I've forgotten most of my AP calc from high school because well... I'm now old. Smile

areal

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 7:34 am
But she's not self-motivated enough, needs some support & encouragement (like many adults, including this one..Wink in certain areas). Where do you live Twinsmommy? Maybe my daughter can come do it with YOU while you entertain(😵😜) yourself revisiting your old love?? She'd be available from 330 on some days...pm me if ud like

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 7:37 am
I'm a math person, and personally, I hated Khan Academy. It goes waaaay too slow and many of the lessons are not clear at all. I would not recommend for a math whiz kind of a girl.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 6:33 pm
You can skip whatever you already know and individualize it to your own needs. I'm in Cleveland and don't have a ton of time but if you're also in Cleve let me know!!

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 7:31 pm
Coming from another math girl- think twice if you plan on encouraging her to become an actuary. It’s one of my biggest regrets. I loved the schooling and did not find the exams to be difficult but it is so impractical for a frum woman with kids!!!!
Why does she need extra classes if she’s not motivated? Does she want them?

areal

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 4:07 pm
Op here. Seafoam id like to pm u but don't see that button option by ur post. On second glance, I don't see it by my own either, can anyone advise??

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 6:59 pm
areal wrote:
Op here. Seafoam id like to pm u but don't see that button option by ur post. On second glance, I don't see it by my own either, can anyone advise??

You can’t pm because I’m anonymous. I’ll pm you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics