Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Looking for advise

Happy1027

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 8:10 pm
My husband just got a job in another state which would involve us moving 400 miles away from where we live. I am currently looking for a position in the place but so far I have not had any luck. I really want to know what people would do. I also want to mention that my husband has been unemployed for a very long time and has not managed to keep a job for a very long time which is making me nervous to leave my job (which I would do as I hate it) but I can't because we have bills to pay.
So what would you do, quit and pray he makes it or live apart or some other option I am not thinking of.

Thanks

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 8:19 pm
Definitely not live apart. Does it make sense for your family to move? Can you afford the cost of living in the new place? If the answer to both questions is yes and he is excited about the job offer, I would probably do it. What's tying you down to your current location besides your job, which you say you hate?

I would also try to have dh work with a coach to give him the best shot at holding onto this job.

Happy1027

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 8:26 pm
We live in a better location now and our family is here. His income we would be able to afford the basics not much else
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics