Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Does TAG remove Whatsapp?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 1:27 pm
My child's school is forcing me to get my smartphone filtered by TAG. I really don't want to lose Whatsapp. What is their policy regarding Whatsapp? Thanks.

Reality

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 1:47 pm
Tag filters to the level YOU want.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 1:47 pm
You go in and tell them what you want blocked. They don't block what they want. You decide what you want.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 1:51 pm
That doesn't really make sense to me. What if I don't want anything blocked? I don't. I just don't go where I don't belong. There must be some minimum standard to get a certificate from them.

Reality

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 1:55 pm
What guidelines did your child's school set up?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 2:05 pm
I really didn't want to Tag my phone but decided it was right thing to do
Tag did netspark I am very happy with it
I use WhatsApp all the time no problems with it . they were very helpful!

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:
That doesn't really make sense to me. What if I don't want anything blocked? I don't. I just don't go where I don't belong. There must be some minimum standard to get a certificate from them.

My phone is tagged and I told them all I want blocked is adult content, meaning...
You choose which apps you want blocked or not! And they put a filter on the browser. You choose which level filter you want. They aren't rabbis the guys that do it lol. Really not such a big deal.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 2:27 pm
They told me all my apps would be deleted. Is there any way to not have to delete them or an easy way to reinstall all of them?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 2:31 pm
amother wrote:
My phone is tagged and I told them all I want blocked is adult content, meaning...
You choose which apps you want blocked or not! And they put a filter on the browser. You choose which level filter you want. They aren't rabbis the guys that do it lol. Really not such a big deal.

I would love to do that! How did you word it?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 5:25 pm
amother wrote:
They told me all my apps would be deleted. Is there any way to not have to delete them or an easy way to reinstall all of them?

Does this depend on location?

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 7:22 pm
I called them recently and they said they could either turn my phone into talk and text only or they can put on a filter which would just filter the content.

newyorker5

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 8:16 pm
amother wrote:

Which phone do you have? Maybe depends on device. My apps were not deleted. After filter was installed, I made sure that the apps I needed were working properly and only then left the store. Do the same. Most reps are nice and will help till you’re satisfied. (My experience twice)

m987

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 8:23 pm
If the school set up rules in the system then the rules will apply
If they did not, you can fully customize it and keep anything you want including WhatsApp.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 9:01 pm
I checked the school's rules book. They actually don't accept tag for smartphones anymore. Now they say you need vaad haishur. What is that?

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 9:03 pm
amother wrote:
I checked the school's rules book. They actually don't accept tag for smartphones anymore. Now they say you need vaad haishur. What is that?

Did it say anything about Machane Kadosh?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 9:05 pm
Nothing about machane kadosh, no.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics