Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What’s the coolest thing you ever did in NYC?
Previous  1  2  3

nchr

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 9:37 pm
Was sitting on a train when a burly man came in covered in blood, holding a bloody pipe. I'm sure there was a reasonable explanation, but it was such a strange sight.

DVOM

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 10:35 pm
I love the energy in Manhattan!

It's hard to choose one cool thing, but I'm really in love with the Cloisters. I could sit there all day. I've gone with a sketch pad and pastels and set up camp.

I've also gone to rehearsals at the NY Philharmonic. Beautiful and economical!

My husband and I took a horse and buggy ride around central park when we were engaged. Very kitschy, very fun.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 11:03 pm
Forgive my ignorance, but aren’t cloisters usually church related?

sequoia

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 11:08 pm
amother wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but aren’t cloisters usually church related?

The Cloisters is a wonderful museum of medieval art. It is situated in a castle in a park with a gorgeous view of the Hudson.

I spent a happy afternoon with two girlfriends there once - we had a tour, brought a picnic, enjoyed the spring weather.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 11:57 pm
Sounds beautiful. Never knew about it!

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 1:12 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
I love riding the subway. There’s usually some kind of cool entertainment...
breakdancing around the poles, 3 older guys tap dancing on the moving train, a haunting melody played on an interesting bamboo instrument by a traditionally garbed Chinese man, a guy rapping about how I should never give up. I love it.

“Hey everybody! How you doing today. I am just here to remind you all that you are amazing. It’s a beautiful life. Thank you G-d! Three months ago I got thrown out of my house. I won’t let it bring me down. I want to earn my money, so please enjoy this original song I wrote and I would appreciate if you could help me out. I haven’t eaten much today and I want to finish my degree so I can get back on my feet. Alright, folks!” *breaks out into song*

I think this just became my new favorite post ever. You must ride pretty often to have that script down so well.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries