Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
OTs who take Amerigroup - Lakewood

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 7:24 pm
Who is good?

And, in general, is there a place to get recommendations for therapists for OT, PT like ECHO, Relief etc?

Also anyone here know about hydrotherapy? We've heard it could make faster progress than regular OT.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 8:30 pm
As someone who has been to a number of OT's over the last 6 years this is what I have learned from my experience. The insurance landscape is continually changing. I don't know of any specific referral agency for OT's, a lot goes by word of mouth. Keep in mind that OT's address a wide range of issues and the person who is 'amazing' and 'top' for one person may not be the expert in what you need. Additionally, some agencies have a great therapist running them and several therapists working under her and the level of supervision varies for each agency. A few people who are known to be 'the expert' often don't take insurance. If you decide to go for a private pay eval, ask up front of it includes a report. There is often an extra (hefty) fee for one. Bear in mind that just because someone is willing to take private pay, it doesn't make them amazing.
I know I didn't provide you with much direction but I hope some of this info is useful. Hatzlocha finding someone and they should be the right shaliach

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 10:17 pm
Well, to be more specific, this is for a child with coordination & proprioception issues.

If there's no official place to get recommendations, I'm hoping the combine wisdom here can offer some ideas.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 7:35 am
BUMP. Trying once more...

mamaleh

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 8:32 am
Does Amerigroup cover OT? What type of referral do you need?

aricelli

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 8:58 am
If you cannot get your insurance to cover maybe you can pay one to come to your house, evaluate your child and show you things to do with him/ give you tips? We did that and he came sporadic to oversee things- this way we kept the cost down. (we ended up using more long term bec of good results)
I loved having it at home.

aricelli

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 9:01 am
[quote="amother"] Bear in mind that just because someone is willing to take private pay, it doesn't make them amazing.

True: but when I was paying I got way more attention! I also took it way more seriously because it was thousands of hard earned dollars

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 12:21 pm
Right now I'd just like to hear from moms who had OT for their child (specifically in areas I mentioned) and were impressed with the results. I guess private pay is not out of the question.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 12:32 pm
I’m doing OT with my child for 2-3 years
In bklyn
We’ve done the center through bd of ed, school OT and private pay at home.

Center was lots of crashing etc on equipment, rythmic movement and reflex work. School OT I wanted for lots of extra proprioception. Private OT was a mush- mosh of stuff plus craniosacral and excersises ,home and school tips etc. he was just awesome. You cannot compare this to the level of care he got at the center

I find its what we as moms do with our children that makes the biggest difference: 2-3 x a week isnt enough- get excersises etc to do

(We also spent a week this summer at colorados star sensory center doing work and getting insight from their OT’s.)

aricelli

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 12:36 pm
Also helped him that I put up swings/trapeze in my dr/ kitchen area!
Anyway - good luck to you- hope some other moms chime in as well
OT was our game changer

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 4:01 pm
I think I posted in Parenting and I see now a mod must have moved this thread to Lkwd etc inquiries. Thank you!

And thank you Yael for this new forum! Many here are very appreciative!
(Well, thank you for everything really but this is an extra thank you.)

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 8:33 pm
I believe Theratots is accepting Amergroup

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 8:37 pm
deleted
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries