Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Purim in Jerusalem: what to expect?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 8:40 pm
This year we will be in Jerusalem (Geula) for purim and it falls on Friday. Not sure what to expect schedule wise. What do people do on Friday? 2 meals?
I also want to know if stores are going to be open (food, shabbos shopping etc.) and at what time people usually have the shabbos meal.
Any clue?

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 8:47 pm
I'm soooooooo jealous stoppppp!!! Purim is the BEST in Jerusalem. A lot of people make an early meal, and then proceed with regular fri night sched. Some people start their seuda close to shabbos, leave in middle to go to shul, and then come back and finish the meal as a Friday night meal (not ideal, but all the Americans do it).
We personally made a milchig meal in the a.m., and then made a fleishig meal very close to shabbos, ate a little, benched, went to shul, and then rewashed to finish the meal. (Hubby likes to have 2 seudas)

To answer you second q: Many makolets are open in the morning, and then close by chatzos.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 11:25 pm
I don't know what to tell you about meals because I'm going with a group and meals are being taken care of by someone else. But just a tip if you're in the Geula area -- I always stop by Karlin on Shushan Purim.
Those guys know how to party Tongue Out

Zeleze

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:00 am
Purim Friday is a little less interesting here in JRM, but still fun all over town, and In Geula too
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics