Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Ideas for mishloach Manos postpartum
1  2  Next

chelsealew

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 8:58 am
Just had a baby and would like ideas for mishloach Manos that tie into that theme, are easy and cute
Any ideas?

Surrendered

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:00 am
Mazel Tov upon your new addition. May you see much Yiddish Nachas from your baby.

I do a sparkling grape juice and bar of chocolate, in an organza bag. You can add some candies or hamantashen...

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:00 am
I wouldn't even think about giving shalach manos post partum! I don't need any extra work. Kudos to you!
What theme do you have in mind? There's these big empty baby bottles you can fill up.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:06 am
chelsealew wrote:
Just had a baby and would like ideas for mishloach Manos that tie into that theme, are easy and cute
Any ideas?

Mazel tov!

This is going to be one of those Debbie Downer posts - but please do consider that getting a baby themed MM could be really difficult for a person who has recently miscarried or is struggling to get pregnant.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:11 am
just include a nice card with picture of your new baby? I don't think food needs to match.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:13 am
You can get these clear rattles with place for small candies
Also, I sat my kids down with half moon cookies and marshmallow fluff to make carriages- this way they were kept busy and I got to put my feet up

fleetwood

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:32 am
I'm with amother ginger. Friends of ours gave us a m.m. which included baby food!! How do u give a couple suffering for years from infertility baby food!! At least I got to suck on the candy pacifier 🙄

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 10:19 am
I had a baby boy last year not that long before Purim. We did a nautical theme: It's a buoy! We dressed the baby in a little sailor stretchy and my girly-girl was a mermaid and my older girl who likes to make her own costumes dressed up as a penguin.

If it had been a girl we we're going to go with either: It's a gull (bird theme) or it's a ghoul (ghost theme).

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:17 am
You can do a "takeout" kind of MM saying that since you are PP you are only up to ordering takeout at this time. Your guys can dress up like a ketchup and mustard, hamburger , frankfurter and fries etc
We actually did a takeout theme one year and mm was really easy and perfect for a PP mother. Brown paper lunch bags filled with marzipan hot dog, Potatoe "fries" (they are the wider version of Potatoe sticks ) and a can of coke.
We printed our poem down a narrow strip of paper and stapled it to the bag the way a takeout place would staple the receipt to the bag.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:20 am
Seriously I would just order gift bags and tissue paper and drop a nice box of chocolate and grape juice. Write your simchas purim message on the tag and done - pretty too!

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

mochamix18

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:20 am
My now 4 year of was born a couple weeks before Purim. This may be very regional (we live in Israel) but my husband bought individual cottage cheese cups, rice cakes and fruit for me to give for MM. Everyone thanked us for the nice breakfast 😂

fiji

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:22 am
When I had a daughter the week of Purim I had everything in the mishloach Manos including the packaging be pink

chelsealew

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 9:17 am
Thanks for all the ideas and responses! To whomever mentioned that a baby theme might not be so sensitive, thank you! I would never want to hurt anyone, thanks for giving another perspective in a kind way.

yksraya

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 11:05 am
When ds1 was a newborn (he's 12 now) I dressed baby as a chick (soft fuzzy one piece with chicky hood) and dd as a bunny. I gave baby carrots in a clear salad container and put dressing into plastic shot cup w/lid. And gave a grape juice with it. (or you can do spring water).

N'sMom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 2:08 pm
fiji wrote:
When I had a daughter the week of Purim I had everything in the mishloach Manos including the packaging be pink

My baby was also born the week of purim. Not all our friends even knew we had her yet! We gave little "champagne" bottles with a chocolate bar. And tied it all up with ribbons that said "it's a girl."

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 8:49 pm
Hi,
I’d like to get a head start to mishloach manot this year. I am expecting our first. I’m thinking of doing something with the pregnancy theme, everyone I will give to either is pregnant themselves or has children, so I am not worried about hurting anyone’s feelings by the theme.

If I don’t do a theme, I’d like a very cute, beautiful MM. I like to write notes on my MM so even if it’s just a little cute note to tie it all together works.

I don’t plan on making anything from scratch
If you have any ideas please let me know

amother
Lightblue

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 9:13 pm
I had a baby last year two weeks before Purim.....I just gave sparkling grape juice and a pretty mesh bag with nuts around the neck.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 9:16 pm
I had two of my kids born within a week to two weeks of purim. Those years dh bought a box of sparkling grape juice, 12 paper purim gift bags, and 12 plastic boxes of sterns (or whatever) hamantashen. Everything went into the trunk, he drove to 12 people (family, Rav, close friends...), jumped out and assembled a bag with a grape juice and a box of hamantashen in less than 30 seconds and had an older kid deliver it to the door. Chick-chock.

chelsealew

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 9:20 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Hi,
I’d like to get a head start to mishloach manot this year. I am expecting our first. I’m thinking of doing something with the pregnancy theme, everyone I will give to either is pregnant themselves or has children, so I am not worried about hurting anyone’s feelings by the theme.

If I don’t do a theme, I’d like a very cute, beautiful MM. I like to write notes on my MM so even if it’s just a little cute note to tie it all together works.

I don’t plan on making anything from scratch
If you have any ideas please let me know

I'm the op, thanks for reviving this thread, cute to see! And very funny Bec I'm beH expecting again, and due right around purim! This time I'm planning on doing just a couple of nice store bought food items in a bag, no themes.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Feb 05 2022, 9:37 pm
I would just do everything pink or blue
And a note that says we thank Hashem for our bundle of joy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics