Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
DINI WIGS HYPE
1  2  3  Next

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 6:35 am
Hi,
Are Dini wigs worth the hype?
Are all their skintops really natural?
Is it worth the money?

SingALong

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:37 pm
Yes. I don’t have one but I wish I did! When I meet people in a Dini the wig really does look spectacular. There’s something about their hairline that’s very soft and natural.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 9:56 pm
Following....

Im really curious as well.

A wig is a wig. Is it really justified $4k+?

Yes, the hairline is beautiful and the women look glamorous. I really enjoy watching Dini on Instagram, she gives beautiful cuts and does a great job coloring, styling ect.

That being said... many other brands (Zelda, Eva and Chloe, Shevy, Elisheva’s ect) can make you a beautiful hairline as well.

(I have had many wigs all brands and I happen to like my Irene the best.)

I know an older woman that was convinced to buy a Dini... well guess what? The wig was cut totally not for her and she wasted all that $$$....

If you do end up buying one let us know how the hair holds up, I’m also very interested in what’s the hype is all about!

debsey

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 9:57 pm
My friend has one. It cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but she says it's super comfortable and I can tell you it looks gorgeous. I just can't justify spending more on my sheitel than I did on my car!

flmommy

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 10:16 pm
Wow look amazing on Instagram.

Factory Girl

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 1:52 pm
Ithink s despicable they charge that insane amount of money

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 3:12 pm
I have two Dini’s. I’m blonde so I have a harder time with wigs. They are definitely superior wigs and very comfortable. Still going strong with just a bit of help after 6 years. It’s hard to say if they’re really worth that much money and I don’t think I’d do it again. I probably would go with an Irene for my next wig. I have an Irene fall that I love!

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 3:33 pm
Most people I know who have one are really happy with it. Some of them are flukes, though. My friend has one and it's her least favorite wig. She never wears it. She says it's so uncomfortable and not great quality. And she never complains.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:50 am
I just recently got a Dini wig after waiting for close to 4 years! Well worth the wait! Rochala is very talented in finding the right piece and then Dini’s cut is superb! Her patience talent and personality really all added to my wonderful experience. It’s the most comfortable wig I have yet. It’s amazing how natural the hair looks and the lace front as well. I didn’t want a very natural looking lace front and they were fine adding more hair to make sure I’m happy and comfortable! Also a shout out to Gitty and the rest of the team!!

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 10:14 am
The hair is so thick!

karat

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:08 am
Any sheitel with a price tag over 3k or so is not worth the hype.

Above a certain price point you are paying a premium for the brand name of the wig, not for the quality.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:11 pm
Just curious after reading all this - what's the price range for these amazing Dini wigs?

gilamom

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:13 pm
Shoot, I read the title and was hoping to come into this thread to read that it's all hype and not true so I could stop pining away for one. IDK about the quality but the Instagram pictures are amazing.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:14 pm
I don't think any wig is worth the hype. They're all overpriced and all risky. I hate the whole business.

Emotional

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 7:45 am
Claire Accuhair used to be famous for their natural hairline (and luxurious price...)
Are they still around? I don't hear much about them anymore.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:58 pm
Bump

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 2:40 pm
I have 2. While I don’t think they are perfect- and that’s a huge risk when spending so much on wigs (don’t love the cuts) the hair on them is most definitely not thick and the best quality I’ve ever seen.

My mother has hers 10yrs (with a minor repair a few years back) it’s still beyond epic. Anything else she wears doesn’t compare.

Btw I bought mine maybe 6 years ago so the prices prob went up since so can’t help with that. But she is having a precut? Sale in Brooklyn with prices under 4K

Factory Girl

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 1:41 pm
karat wrote:
Any sheitel with a price tag over 3k or so is not worth the hype.

Above a certain price point you are paying a premium for the brand name of the wig, not for the quality.

Thank you!!!!!!!
Wake up ppl!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 3:00 pm
I'll be a voice of dissent here.

I'm married 21 years, have purchased many sheitels in a variety of price ranges. They ALL looked horrid after one year, with the exception of my 2 year old Dini and a different brand that I paid $2,750 for 8 years ago.

Every wig that I paid $2,200 or less did not look good after a year. Some started feeling rough after just 4-6 months. They started looking ratty and only looked pretty for that first 24 hours after being washed and blown.

Maybe I'm more picky than some of you, yet I do want to have silky, pretty hair on my wig.

To me, it's cheaper to buy a $3,500+ wig and be happy with it for 6-8 years than to buy a $1,500 wig and be unhappy with it after a year. Divide the price by the years. Do the math.

Additionally, Dini fixed the hairline of my wig and removed the ear pieces at no charge during the first year. When you pay less, you will pay a lot for repairs, assuming you want the hairline to fit in a specific way.

My 8 year old wig just died, so now I'm saving for another Dini. I'd rather spend an "obscene" amount of money for a wig whose hair looks beautiful for several years, and has great customer service, than half of that amount on a wig that will feel like a rat's tail next year.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 3:20 pm
My issue with spending a lot is that the styles change so quick! I paid a lot a few years ago for a gorgeous layered cut- since then the styles have changed to longer layers and different fronts so although the hair is still beautiful I dont enjoy it.
I guess if your spending a lot dont cut too much- you can always do that later
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics