Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby doesn't want to eat solids!!!!

a1mom!

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 12:12 pm
My baby is 6.5 months now. I've tried on and off to give her some solids. Whenever I try to feed her solids; she basically just screams. All she has is breast milk. I would love to get her to eat some as she is waking up quite few times in that night and I thought that it might help her sleep.
I'm also working. So I thought that the daycare can give her some fruit, as she doesn't accept bottles either. At the moment I'm running to feed her in my break.

Any advice??
Thanks

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 12:13 pm
Out of three kids only one had an interest in solids at that age. The next two were not so into it until 8/9 months.

chatz

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 12:18 pm
Pump? Formula? It's frustrating, but at this point, solids is more about tasting than nutrition.

My youngest had no interest in solids until ten months. Then he did an about face and started eating everything. Go figure.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 12:23 pm
6.5 months is quite young to eat solids regularly. Stop trying to force and try again in afew months. If you keep trying to force baby to eat solids, you'll have a much of a harder time later on. For now try formula, especially before she goes to sleep. That might help. Don't run to feed her at daycare, with time she'll hopefully learn to take a bottle.

rivkam

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 12:24 pm
Try feeding her solids when the family is sitting down to eat

tichellady

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 12:48 pm
She’s still little, wait until she shows interest.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 12:50 pm
have you tried finger foods or just purees? My baby likes to feed herself most of the time. I started with very soft finger foods like banana and avocado and we worked up from there.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 1:11 pm
Wait a few weeks and try again

On a side note when 6 months old wake for overnight feeds is may not be hunger, it may be habit or comfort. Try sending dad in to comfort (but not feed) or offer a water bottle. He made decide its not worth waking up for

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 1:22 pm
None of my kids had much interest in solids at that age. She's probably going through a growth spurt and needs more calories from breastmilk/ formula during the day. If she's not taking bottles it's very likely that the amount you're nursing is not enough during the day which is why she's waking at night. She needs more calories.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics