Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Taking a leap of faith
Previous  1  2

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 8:00 am
amother wrote:
No, it's not the norm for a child to sit on a bus for two hours a day.
The school arranges the routes so that the child who is picked up first in the a.m. is the first one dropped off on the afternoon route.

In my daughter's current school, a child being on the bus for an hour each way is pretty much the norm. There are kids coming in to school from all over, not just this neighborhood. I'm pretty sure that my daughter is actually the only girl in her class from this neighborhood.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 10:08 am
Not everything that becomes the norm is normal.

I do know someone who made such a move out of necessity-she was being evicted-some kids are fine with the long commute, but some are miserable.

While your husband’s needs are important, I would consider my childrens’ best Interests first and foremost.
Good luck

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:11 pm
amother wrote:
Not everything that becomes the norm is normal.

I do know someone who made such a move out of necessity-she was being evicted-some kids are fine with the long commute, but some are miserable.

While your husband’s needs are important, I would consider my childrens’ best Interests first and foremost.
Good luck

So I'm curious to know what you think is the norm or "normal". Almost every school around here have kids come from other neighborhoods. Not sure I've ever seen a school where every child was from the same neighborhood, except for public schools, where all the students are zoned.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating