Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatric Dentist lakewood

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 3:04 pm
My 4 year old child needs front crowns on rotten teeth. I am looking for a great pediatric dentist.
I have Aetna Dental, pay privately, so would rather not use a Jersey care dentist.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 3:16 pm
We've been really happy with Dr. Jay Felsenstein. He and his staff are really amazing with kids, and he does great work.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 3:30 pm
If you live closer to Brick, Dr. Seymore Semah is also fantastic. His office is called Brick Pediatric Dentistry.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 3:35 pm
amother wrote:
If you live closer to Brick, Dr. Seymore Semah is also fantastic. His office is called Brick Pediatric Dentistry.

he doesnt accept aetna

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 3:36 pm
Chayalle wrote:
We've been really happy with Dr. Jay Felsenstein. He and his staff are really amazing with kids, and he does great work.

same issue. its out of pocket.

L K

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 3:46 pm
Dr Semah, see if your Aetna has out of pocket benefits.
I used to have private delta dental insurance for dr Semah, was relatively inexpensive and very much worth it.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 4:48 pm
Dr. Semah probably takes Aetna out of network. My insurance is out of network with him as well. He is really worth it. My kids are prone to getting cavities, so we are there pretty often, for a lot of years already. We have consistently had positive experiences. I have been to MANY dentists in Lakewood, so that says a lot!!

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 5:05 pm
It depends on how much you are willing to pay out of pocket.

In general most dental plans provide reduced reimbursement for out of network dentists. When I had dental insurance I never went to a dentist who is in the network and so I would pay the dentist - the dentist would fill out my claim form - I would submit it to the insurance company and they would send me a check.

Reimbursement varies but for major dental work like crowns, it was generally 50% of customary charges in your area. There might also be deductibles as well as a cap on annual total payments.

I always felt it was worth it to go to the best dentists and - at least in my area - all of the in network dentists were dental mills.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 7:04 pm
As others have said, I take my kids to Dr. J. even though though he is out of network. They bill my insurance for me (I have Delta Gold) and I pay the difference out of pocket. It's worth it to me to have my kids teeth taken care of by a great dentist.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 7:53 pm
Chayelle, I am new to that practice. Is dr Shaina also good? Or just dr jay? And there’s also another dentist there. Will I be happy with any or should I always insist on dr jay?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 8:46 pm
amother wrote:
Chayelle, I am new to that practice. Is dr Shaina also good? Or just dr jay? And there’s also another dentist there. Will I be happy with any or should I always insist on dr jay?

I'm also happy with Dr. Shaina. I'm not as thrilled with the other dentist. (Not Dr. B - I'm fine with her - not sure she's still there, she had a baby and haven't seen her since. But there's a newer dentist that I'm not thrilled with.)

giselle

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 9:57 pm
We’re also very happy with Dr Jay and Dr Shayna. Not sure we’ve had the others.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 10:03 pm
Chayalle wrote:
As others have said, I take my kids to Dr. J. even though though he is out of network. They bill my insurance for me (I have Delta Gold) and I pay the difference out of pocket. It's worth it to me to have my kids teeth taken care of by a great dentist.

does it come out very costly?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
does it come out very costly?

A bit of $$ here and there, depending on what is needed. I don't pay that much attention to be honest (not because I'm loaded with $$$, but more because I'm not so good about focusing on costs like I maybe should be...)

Just the other day one of my DD's had a cavity or two (not even sure - she takes care of herself) and it was $76 after insurance.

Chaya123

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 2:22 pm
Dr. Yaffa Walkin is also good but she's a Jersey Care dentist.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:29 pm
Dr Hammer is a bit further out but an unbelievable, honest pediatric dentist. He's located in Freehold and he does accept Aetna. 7327803300

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 10:07 pm
Chayalle wrote:
A bit of $$ here and there, depending on what is needed. I don't pay that much attention to be honest (not because I'm loaded with $$$, but more because I'm not so good about focusing on costs like I maybe should be...)

Just the other day one of my DD's had a cavity or two (not even sure - she takes care of herself) and it was $76 after insurance.

that doesnt sound too terrible. I called the insurance today and they cover 80% out of network. just debating btwn dr jay and dr semah now..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics