Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How much do you spend on MM
Previous  1  2

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 10:04 pm
I’m embarrassed to write after reading the responses here.

cnc

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 10:07 pm
I make around 20 for siblings, teachers, neighbors. They cost around $1.50 a piece.
Another 3 for parents and grandparents that cost around $10 each
3 for business associates that cost around $40 each.

15 kids that cost under $1.00 each.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 10:31 pm
amother wrote:
I’m embarrassed to write after reading the responses here.

Don’t be- everyone is at a different age/ stage and situation. It would be a little strange for someone who spends freely on other things to only alott 1$ for Shalach Manos but would make perfect sense for others.

I had mine planned for 2 dollars each but realized I was giving very few ppl and not hosting a meal or needing to contribute to one so I added an upgraded item making each 5$. Total Purim budget was under 100$

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:44 pm
im making 30.
Each one costs about $2
Bottle of snapple/seltzer, bar of choc, cheap bottle bag

eschaya

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:56 am
60 for adults (friends, family, teachers, rabbanim, colleagues), approx $3 each (all inclusive). We will also give a nice bottle of wine together with the MM to a few.
Then about 30 for my husband's students, <$1each.
I have 4 kids old enough to give to friends, so we'll make 40, $1 each.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:07 am
Im curious how much Imamothers 50 and older spend, on the average.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:41 am
I spend under 100 shekels (roughly 25 dollars) for about 30 or so (that includes about 15 my daughter gives her friends)
We do minimal ones, prep and money wise, so its not so bad)

Mayflower

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 2:01 am
I'm making 30, each costing around $10. Bottle of grape juice and chocolate. Wrapping is another $1.

Last edited by Mayflower on Fri, Mar 08 2019, 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 4:39 am
We make about 70 at about $2.50 each = $175
The kids in total make about 40- at about $1.40
$150
So that’s about $325
And then we give to teachers (12) something really nice- bottle of wine expensive chocolate etc... might even include a gift card as well. Those we spend about $20-30 each. It’s a way of teaching our kids hakaras hatov. These cost more than basically all the rest of our mishloach manot together. $300 for teachers.

My dh and kids make a priority to go around and give to people who wouldn’t get mm or don’t really observe Purim etc... so that’s aboit 50 of our mm.(we get maybe 5-10 in return from these. Which is more than enough)

I stay home with 20 to give to whoever drops off. If more people than 20 come I start to regift what we get. (Only prepackaged food don’t worry.)

It’s a beautiful way for my dh and kids to spend Purim morning.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 5:23 am
In my understanding, one is supposed to spend more on matanos levyonim than on mishloach Manos. If one doesn’t have so much money, it makes sense to cut back in mm aspect.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 8:11 am
I'm not sure how to assess the cost of homemade baked goods but I'd say between the packaging and the food it's probably $4 each. We're a young couple with no family nearby so only making 8. I spend lots of time on it though because I enjoy it though since we got married (this is our third Purim) I'm slowly losing enthusiasm. I guess when you don't have many people to see on Purim then things get boring. Looking forward to when my kids get older and we can deliver to their friends.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 11:44 am
I like to give a container that is usable afterwards. Like a nice tray, pitcher, vase,lazy susan,and such. Inside I either put good quality mini liquors, chocolates, custom cookies or baked goods, nuts, color themed candies etcetra. We בה give matanot laevyonim as well. This is just my creative project that I like to do.
Kids give their friends separately and those are much less pricey.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:55 pm
Every year my shaloch manos cost differs somewhat but I try to keep to the following:
- container cost is not more than a dollar
- because we do so many, I try to find the best price on the items that I want.

50 for family/adults - This year, container is a dollar with mostly baked goods which I can't calculate . So probably estimating it to cost around $3 this year (including the packaging). In the past I think I have spent more, but probably usually under 3.50 each in total.

75-100 for kids - less than a dollar each. Cellophane bag with a drink, a snack bag, some candy like laffy taffy.

I also print my labels at a printing place which adds a few cents as well.

Probably a spin off is warranted, but I am actually curious to know how much people spend on costumes in comparison to how much they spend on shaloch manos.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 2:28 pm
amother wrote:
Every year my shaloch manos cost differs somewhat but I try to keep to the following:
- container cost is not more than a dollar
- because we do so many, I try to find the best price on the items that I want.

50 for family/adults - This year, container is a dollar with mostly baked goods which I can't calculate . So probably estimating it to cost around $3 this year (including the packaging). In the past I think I have spent more, but probably usually under 3.50 each in total.

75-100 for kids - less than a dollar each. Cellophane bag with a drink, a snack bag, some candy like laffy taffy.

I also print my labels at a printing place which adds a few cents as well.

Probably a spin off is warranted, but I am actually curious to know how much people spend on costumes in comparison to how much they spend on shaloch manos.

Not to single u out but just interesting when I priced out baking depending what but some things are more than you realize (chocolate/ cheese ingredients add up when ur calculated cents like ppl here are. My friend made chocolate logs that were 8$ each)- bh I can afford the extra few dollars but it made me feel better when budgeting for my bought stuff

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 2:30 pm
amother wrote:

SNIP

Costumes up to $32 per kid. Usually around $25. My kids dress up all year.

Optione

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 3:26 pm
$100
This includes packaging and food items items for:
30 community mishloach manos
8 kid mishloach manos
4 teacher mishloach manos

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 3:40 pm
75 for friends, neighbors, and employees. $4.50 each.
20 for teachers, rav, rabbeim etc. $15 each
100 for all my kids to give their friends and cousins.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics