Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
YES!!! SHORTCHANGED has been published in book form!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 12:37 am
I read the entire thing in the Binah, but I'm really excited to have Shortchanged as a full length novel, along with the 'making of shortchanged' and a few other of Etka Gitel's related novelettes in the book. THIS IS YOUR TREAT FOR SUCCOS - go buy it! This should be a bestseller!

smilethere

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 6:35 am
I'm looking forward to reading it, I don't buy Binah regularly, so I only read bits of the serial. I love her writing, so I'm really looking forward to the book.

happyone

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 8:18 am
I long stopped reading the serialized stories and always wait for the books to come out. Thanks Mama Bear, I'll make sure to get it for yom tov.

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 10:03 am
I wouldnt miss a week Of the Binah! and defenetly not reading etka gitels writtings, shes just amazing with her words and the way she portrays the past so well Im Amazed every time over. I would love to get the book as I love reading and do buy books as a hobby Smile

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 10:52 am
Is the book actually in the stores yet?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 12:53 pm
yes, I have it.

sky

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 1:17 pm
I've never read the serial (I don't get Binah) just read bits and pieces when it was lying around.
Dh just brought it home for yom tov so I'll see what I think. Does it included the ending that everyone felt so "Shortchanged" on?

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Sep 23 2010, 10:00 pm
I want to buy the book, but dh says its not worth it, seeing how I gobble them up so fast. I understand his point, quite valid, so I need to wait till someone I know buys it so I can borrow it

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Sep 25 2010, 10:05 pm
LOL Sky, it just ended abruptly and you had to hope everyone lived happily every after.'

Fantastic book.

happyone

Post Sat, Sep 25 2010, 11:15 pm
sorry, I didn't like it at all. I seriously couldn't get through it. I usually read a book in 20 mins to half hour. My husband couldn't believe that by today I was still reading it.
Quite a disappointment.

Nuts

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 12:59 am
What is the plot of this book?

sky

Post Mon, Sep 27 2010, 7:35 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
LOL Sky, it just ended abruptly and you had to hope everyone lived happily every after.'

Fantastic book.

That was the problem?
I didn't get a chance to start yet. I did read the poem at the end and it made me cry.

blossoming flower

Post Tue, Sep 28 2010, 6:40 pm
Ran out to buy it as soon as it came out. I forced myself to save it for yom tov, then gobbled it down in one sitting. I was a drop disappointed with the ending, as I assumed it would be embellished a bit. But I loved it anyways. The Morris and Blanche parts are the best hands down. I wish she'd write a sequel about them. Oh- I loved the Emma story- so glad it was included!

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 2:00 pm
Where is Scotty?

I LOVED it when it was serialized, bought the book and re-read favorite parts. Two SIL's stole it over Y"T and read it-- they both were blown away by Etka Gitel's style. so incredible.

Scotty

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 4:04 pm
Scotty is madly trying to make Binah deadlines. And cheating by sneaking a look at imamother....

Thanks for the comments, everyone! So much to post, so little time...

Mama Bear, I have LOADS to say re: Shayna LOL.... but if I want to avoid being put on the Witness Protection Program by my editors I'd better leave that for later...

Just for the record, I was CHALISHING to add more stuff. I even had some done - but the book had to come out by Succos for marketing reasons, and there just wasn't enough time.

I'm not ignoring imamother, I really amen't...

Supermom#1

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 12:46 am
Scotty, aka Etka Gitel, your book was such a special yom tov treat! in fact, it's the talk of the town! I loved the material you added,although I did hope that the story itself would be longer... well, it's not too late! get to work on a sequel, the whole world is waiting!!! oh! we all noticed the 'wink' from Shortchanged in your Succos story in the form of Shayna who I guess was 'named after' Bubby Shayna, and the picture of Bubby & Zaidy Rosen on the wall..... it just made me miss all the wonderful charaters of Shortchanged. hope to see them soon in the sequel. On behalf of so many jewish women, thank you, thank you & thanks once again! kol hakovod to you!

sky

Post Sat, Oct 16 2010, 11:46 pm
Well, I finished the book and it was great. I thought the ending was a really good place to stop. I guess if you are following the book week by week and don't know it will end then it could be a downer.

Boca00

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:00 am
Anyone know where I can get Shortchanged?? It seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Or anyone have a like new book I could buy off them?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room