Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help an obese woman dress well!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:27 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
But see how the dress has an empire waist, creating a waist effect? All of Andrea's looks did, IIRC.

Nothing like this:

At this point, all my dresses give me a waist, regardless of that waist being right under my breasts.... lol

rae

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:04 pm
Andrea, can I just say, you look amazing!!!

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:09 pm
andrea levy wrote:
At this point, all my dresses give me a waist, regardless of that waist being right under my breasts.... lol

No, no.

It actually is really flattering on you. You're rocking the look. Own it, Andrea!

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:53 pm
yersp wrote:
Don't think I'm crazy, I know someone who is very overweight and is having a hard time losing weight. She shops at high end maternity stores. She does not look pregnant at all. In fact she looks amazing.

Not the OP, but same size.

Do you know the names of these maternity stores?

Many thanks

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:55 pm
So I personally am larger on my thighs and hips but I have a nice hourglass waist, so I avid float tops and go for something that will accentuate that. But it sounds like for you , you will do best with straight skirts and float tops.
I second the large earrings, but I wouldn’t go for a scarf because you want your neck to look long, not disappear, so same for turtlenecks and collars. Avoid them.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 2:02 pm
Squishy wrote:

If you are in Monsey, there is a great little store in someone's house. The lady is formerly big and designs her line. She isn't pushy at all. Her clothes are fabulous. I went shopping with a friend there for a dress for a shimcha. If this is of interest, please let me know.

She no longer designs it and her prices went up astronomically since she stopped designing.

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
She no longer designs it and her prices went up astronomically since she stopped designing.

Shame. She had a talent.

dankbar

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 3:05 pm
Andrea I can't access your pics. What a shame! I would've loved to see what you look like in real life

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 3:36 pm
What is the name/number of the monkey store?

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 4:20 pm
Everyone thank you for all your help!! You're a great bunch o' ladies!
Good Shabbos!

simcha2

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 4:33 pm
I like eloquii.com
Have found their clothes very well made.

sarahleah88

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 5:34 pm
Ullapopken.com
You have to go to website and go through what is available. Have been happy with everything I’ve purchased. Also check for coupon codes as they often have them available.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 5:45 pm
amother wrote:
This may be off topic, and not what your post was about, but I am compelled to say this because I care. please considor weight loss surgery. I"ve been in your shoes and surgery saved my life. I am healthier, feel good about myself and can walk into any shoppes and look beautiful.

Since you don’t know OP, I wouldn’t take the responsibility of saying that. My husband almost died after weight loss surgery.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 6:17 pm
rae wrote:
Andrea, can I just say, you look amazing!!!

Awww! Thank you! Most importantly I feel great and no more diabetes or retinopathy!

Beyla

Post Sat, Mar 09 2019, 6:00 pm
Maybe you could check esteez, the designer is a plus size gorgeous lady and she wears her own brand.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Mar 09 2019, 7:44 pm
Try Jessica London. Reasonably priced, plus size clothing. https://www.jessicalondon.com

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Mar 09 2019, 8:38 pm
Hey so I lost over 100 lbs in a year and a few months the old fashion way diet and exercise.
During that time I spent money buying a nice sheitel beautiful makeup from Sephora the home brand so wasn’t so expensive
Nice purse and costume jewelry
The clothing I wore was always black and not expensive for a slimming easy to mix and match and easy to dress up or down with shoes jewellery handbag and wigs
It’s a long hard journey but well worth it

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Mar 09 2019, 8:50 pm
amother wrote:
I've put on a lot of weight and I'm now about a size 24 or 3X. (Yikes, I know.)
I made an appointment with a dietitian and I just signed up at the gym. But meanwhile, can you help me look less dowdy?
I carry my weight in my midsection, so I look pregnant as well as heavy. I'm huge on top also.
My rear end is not so bad.
I'm not planning to spend a lot on clothing because I hope to start losing soon, but meanwhile I need a few pieces for work where I have to look professional.
I'm in my low 40's so no teenage styles, but I don't want to look frumpy, dowdy, or over-the-hill. Just classic and respectable.
What style of skirts and tops should I look for? Or dressed maybe? I'm really bad at this....

Dress Barn has great stuff, all sizes, even 3x.

mom22

Post Sat, Mar 09 2019, 8:52 pm
D Rama
Excellent Frum large plus size stuff my friend buys a lot of stuff from her I think she’s on Instagram

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Mar 09 2019, 8:57 pm
amother wrote:
Since you don’t know OP, I wouldn’t take the responsibility of saying that. My husband almost died after weight loss surgery.

Really?? What happened?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics