Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Gowns to order reasonable?`

penguin

Post Sat, Mar 09 2019, 9:09 pm
Do I remember correctly that someone here had a website where you can custom order dresses?

Was there also a place for gowns (mother & sister of bride)? Under $400?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Mar 09 2019, 9:40 pm
Asos
Ericbride, stunning dresses!
Eshakti
JJshouse

penguin

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 12:05 am
Thanks, starting to look through, but if anyone has a specific dress that actually has sleeves (!) or at least looks semi-normal with a shell (vs. the real plunging necklines & sleeveless etc) we'd much appreciate!

nycgal

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 12:09 am
Check out https://www.tunzatulle.com

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 12:11 am
I ordered from eshakti and with the $9.95 fee for all alterations I spent less than $100 for a gown for a siblings wedding. I changed the neckline, sleeve length, ankle length... measured myself for custom made size.

TriAspora

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 1:17 am
I recently ordered from jjshouse and found the quality quite decent. However, one needs to look at their size measurements or order custom (and measure yourself generously if you don't like tight clothing). It's possible to order extra material and take the gown to a seamstress here to line sleeves and close up a V-neck.

penguin

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 3:00 am
Quote:
I ordered from eshakti and with the $9.95 fee for all alterations I spent less than $100 for a gown for a siblings wedding. I changed the neckline, sleeve length, ankle length... measured myself for custom made size.
They made all those alterations for you? Pretty good deal!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 10:58 am
penguin wrote:
Quote:
They made all those alterations for you? Pretty good deal!

They have a flat fee of $9.95 and you can choose the neck line, dress length and sleeve length from the options they provide. I didn’t use their standard sizing. I measured myself. I originally measured too loose so they took it back and redid it at no charge. They guided me how to measure accurately.

cuterpatooter

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 5:46 pm
my sisters mother and I have found gorgeous (often brand name, if you like that) gowns on tj maxx website, of all places! I would def check there first, and keep checking every now and again as they're always updating.

Gemach's of course! though personally, I ended up spending more at a gemach for bro's wedding than I did when I bought a gown from tj maxx for my sisters wedding. most people def save by gemachs.

nordstrom rack, bloomingdales sale can have great options.

I almost bought a gown from etsy, but it seemed to expensive for what it was. they have lovely options that can likely be customized and tzanuified. and also have funkier vintage things.

cuterpatooter

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 5:51 pm
oh! one more thing! searching for prom dresses, not bridesmaid, mom of bride, sis of bride, was a lot better. a lot of bridesmaid dresses are solid color chiffon, which I adore, but if you want more varied types, prom dress is good
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics