Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
"Missed call" spam - how to make it stop?!

seeker

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 11:09 am
I keep getting these one-ring calls from foreign countries. It's been numerous times per day for almost a week now. First it was all from one area code my caller ID said was Virgin Islands, I googled it and sure enough it's a known scam trying to make you call back and get sucked into something. Then it switched to foreign numbers, like 011... most recent said it was Belarus.

I can't just block the number because it keeps coming from different numbers with just one or more digit different.

Are they ever going to give up on me?! I've been ignoring them for almost a week already!

sarahmalka

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 11:36 am
Ugh ditto!!! One of the worst Spam calls we repeatedly get is from a Jewish organization but it's all in Yiddish so I have no clue what they're saying, what it's about, why we are on the list. I keep blocking and they keep calling from different numbers. Robocalls. It's infuriating. No advice, just commiserating.

singleagain

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 11:47 am
I have an app called mr number and once a number is blocked in that app, everyone who has the app will but get calls from that number. It's helped me cut out on a lot of spam.

You may still have to occasionally block. But bc it's community effort it helps stop them

flowerpower

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 11:53 am
My answering machine is full of spam messages. They sure keep my phone busy. Now my cell phone is getting constant calls from chinese spammers and the new one is about my social security number being used. I can’t keep up anymore.

tothepoint

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:13 pm
Its so infuriating! They always call at the least convenient times...I mean im nursing my baby and rush to grab the phone only to find out that my computer (that I don’t own) has a virus Twisted Evil

Honestly , I think all of this is a test on my middos

I think there’s a company called nomorerobo that filters spam callers..it’s not compatible with my landline provider but it might work with yours

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:21 pm
This morning alone we received five calls from "Apple Inc. ... it's a computerized message to press option 1 or 2 for "support". So so annoying!!!!

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:10 pm
I have this on my cell all day long. I mean, 4-10 times per hour. From all over the world. My husband just put two apps for this on his phone a few days ago and it cut the calls down at least 85%. I'm going to do the same on my phone too.

icebreaker

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:18 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
I have this on my cell all day long. I mean, 4-10 times per hour. From all over the world. My husband just put two apps for this on his phone a few days ago and it cut the calls down at least 85%. I'm going to do the same on my phone too.

Do you know what apps he uses? Because I'm having the same annoying calls as well and it's driving me crazy.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:35 pm
icebreaker wrote:
Do you know what apps he uses? Because I'm having the same annoying calls as well and it's driving me crazy.

One is Nomorobo. I have to find out the other. I think it was something from AT&T but not sure.

icebreaker

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:37 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
One is Nomorobo. I have to find out the other. I think it was something from AT&T but not sure.

Thank you!

brooklyn11211

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 8:22 am
Check out Truecaller
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics