Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help an obese woman dress well!
Previous  1  2  3

Joy of Motherhood

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 9:21 am
Talbots.com

oneofakind

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 4:39 pm
I don't have your problem but I have a good eye so I noticed that structured fabrics I.e. not knit, not slinky, are slimming in general. Nothing gathered, no big blousy tops, nothing that will stick to you . Straight cuts that skim the body.

You can carry off big chunky earrings and necklaces and they draw attention upward.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 4:50 pm
As a chunky woman myself, I just want to point out that I disagree with all the suggestions of chunky necklaces and earrings. I find that they basically just call attention to the fact that you are chunky and make you look big. I actually find that refined pieces look much better.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 5:11 pm
Dress Barn has 30 percent off today on regular priced items plus free shipping. Code is FRIENDS. I have bought quite a few plus size jackets and skirts from them and I am happy with the fit and quality.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 5:52 pm
This is a real request. What happens post bariatric surgery when I gained back 50 lbs. I am desperate to do something. Cant stay on a diet. Need help desperately.

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 6:11 pm
amother wrote:
As a chunky woman myself, I just want to point out that I disagree with all the suggestions of chunky necklaces and earrings. I find that they basically just call attention to the fact that you are chunky and make you look big. I actually find that refined pieces look much better.

Our definition of clunky is subjective. And I don't know what you mean by refined. Is a 4 k diamond ring refined or ostentatious? A larger woman needs larger pieces of jewelry. Jewelry should be proportionate to body size. I couldn't wear kallah jewelry. It would look like I am wearing my teenage daughter's jewelry.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Mar 10 2019, 8:50 pm
Squishy wrote:
Our definition of clunky is subjective. And I don't know what you mean by refined. Is a 4 k diamond ring refined or ostentatious? A larger woman needs larger pieces of jewelry. Jewelry should be proportionate to body size. I couldn't wear kallah jewelry. It would look like I am wearing my teenage daughter's jewelry.

Of course it's subjective. I'm talking about the generic advice of directing heavier women towards large and heavy pieces of jewelry, as well as scarves etc. I have heard this advice many times and have found that it only makes people look larger.

kislev

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 1:36 pm
Find a color that looks good on you, it really makes a huge difference as well

yersp

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 2:07 pm
amother wrote:
Not the OP, but same size.

Do you know the names of these maternity stores?

Many thanks

Sorry, don't know the name. I do remember her mentioning once that it was an upscale manhatten store.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 11:32 am
yersp wrote:
Sorry, don't know the name. I do remember her mentioning once that it was an upscale manhatten store.

Is there a way you could ask her? (I have a pregnant shape without actually being pregnant.)

Many thanks

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 11:53 am
simcha2 wrote:
I like eloquii.com
Have found their clothes very well made.

Eloquii, Modcloth and Bonobos have all been acquired by Walmart. No idea if its affecting quality, though.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics