Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Size 14-16 clothing?

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:51 pm
I need suggestions for size 14-16 clothing. I'm in my 30s and having a hard time finding clothing that fits my age and station, not to mention my budget. I live far-flung out of town so needs to be online. I've tried Eshakti, but I don't love their fabrics and I find that even with the customizing the size, the neckline doesn't lie right most of the time so I need a shell anyway so what's the point or if I choose the "jewel" collar it just makes the dress look "blah". I'm relatively boxy (big shoulders and bust) so I fit and flare doesn't usually work for me, and I'm 5'6" so length gets to be in issue.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:53 pm
I'm the same age and size as you, and quite a bit taller
I buy almost everything I own from ASOS (curvy and tall ranges), Rebdolls, and Zulily

yksraya

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:55 pm
Try tj max.

Skirts you can buy at junees.com.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:57 pm
yksraya wrote:
Try tj max.

Skirts you can buy at junees.com.

I disagree that Junees will fit this size.
I've worn their XL and XXL in the past but it doesn't fit me anymore.
OP check their size chart carefully.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 2:01 pm
My sister always found the New York and Company clothes to fit her.
She is around your height. I wear around that size and have success in TJ maxx and Burlington . But the stuff they sell online is not the same as in store. I'm taller.

yksraya

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 2:02 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
I disagree that Junees will fit this size.
I've worn their XL and XXL in the past but it doesn't fit me anymore.
OP check their size chart carefully.

Oh, maybe..

The length would fit.

Or maybe try at other stores the maxi length skirts and hem it to your liking. Some stores sell midi length.

I like that tj max usually includes the length in the product description.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 2:07 pm
amother wrote:
I need suggestions for size 14-16 clothing. I'm in my 30s and having a hard time finding clothing that fits my age and station, not to mention my budget. I live far-flung out of town so needs to be online. I've tried Eshakti, but I don't love their fabrics and I find that even with the customizing the size, the neckline doesn't lie right most of the time so I need a shell anyway so what's the point or if I choose the "jewel" collar it just makes the dress look "blah". I'm relatively boxy (big shoulders and bust) so I fit and flare doesn't usually work for me, and I'm 5'6" so length gets to be in issue.

Can you tell us what your "station" is? Its not worth recommending clothing for a banker if you're a pre-school teacher.

keym

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 2:27 pm
Dress Barn.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 2:31 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Can you tell us what your "station" is? Its not worth recommending clothing for a banker if you're a pre-school teacher.

Thanks, I'm in a fairly yeshivish community so the "maxi/boho look" isn't my cup of tea. I'm a professional but I have young kids, so I like comfortable. A lot of people here shop in Lakewood or are size 2-4 or XXL, but I don't have that opportunity.

I find it frustrating that most websites depict the clothing on a size 2-4 model so doesn't reflect what it will look on my size. and that the plus sizes are all so flowy that it doesn't really flatter me.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 2:52 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks, I'm in a fairly yeshivish community so the "maxi/boho look" isn't my cup of tea. I'm a professional but I have young kids, so I like comfortable. A lot of people here shop in Lakewood or are size 2-4 or XXL, but I don't have that opportunity.

I find it frustrating that most websites depict the clothing on a size 2-4 model so doesn't reflect what it will look on my size. and that the plus sizes are all so flowy that it doesn't really flatter me.

For skirts, at least, try Ann Taylor, which has a Tall line that should make the skirts long enough for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics