Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Eshakti

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:16 pm
Has anyone ordered from here? It seems too good to be true.

happymom123

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:26 pm
I haven't yet but two friends did and love the dresses they got.

miami85

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:37 pm
I have, but I find that with my body shape its hard to know how it will look on me--even with the new FX feature--I can see the style but not body shape. I don't love their fabrics. the prints are usually fine, but the knit material often looks like a robe on me instead of a dress. I have gotten 2 dresses that I really liked, but its too hit or miss for me considering how much the dresses cost. Also I find that even with the customization, the neckline often doesnt lie right.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:43 pm
I have. It worked great for 2 dresses I ordered and I got lots of compliments. The 3rd was a top that wasn’t flattering but you can return even if it’s custom so I lost some money for shipping and maybe the customazion fee but I got back most of what I paid.
I have since lost weight so I fit better into clothing and haven’t needed it.
I write into the instructions how many inches I want them to make the sleeve and the dress this way I know I’m getting a good length for me not their version of 3/4 sleeve or below knee. The neckline is never high enough to wear without a shell but you could probably measure that and they would make it the way you want.

yksraya

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:51 pm
I ordered recently for dd and for my teenage sister. It's great that they do custom sized. Dd is a mature girl but she is petite and skinny. We have a hard time finding mature enough clothing in children stores. They made it to fit her size and it looks great on her.

esther11

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:01 pm
I’m debating ordering from there now! It’s more than I would normally spend but if it’s really customized to me...
My fear is also that the style won’t suit me, there is only so much you can tell by a picture!

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:54 pm
What the typical time frame from ordering to delivery?

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 5:41 pm
I have a friend who ordered there, she has a challenging figure but they take measurements from all angles and the dress she got was a great fit and looked really nice. I don't remember the ship time but it was whatever the website said - accurate.

debsey

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 6:42 pm
I wanted to love it - it sounds so good - but I find it very hit or miss. Like I ordered one dress and in person, the fabric looked shiny and cheap-ey, not at all how it appeared on the website. Another top I bought was perfect, and a dress I bought was nice. The problem is you can't feel the material in advance. I ordered a dress in a cotton fabric, and it was nice but wayyyyyyyy too clingy because the cotton was a funny texture. I had to return that one and eat the money I spent on customizing.

I order from them every so often when I get a good promo code for free customization and like 30% off. I figure that way, there's no risk even if I have to return it.

I keep going back to them because the one dress and one top I did keep were awesome.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 7:15 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
What the typical time frame from ordering to delivery?

Mine took about 3 weeks.

lucky14

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:36 pm
I have. If you make customization you will only get a 100% refund if you return and accept store credit instead of back to your original form of payment. I make my purchases knowing that. I also know I'll probably have more things that I'm going to want to order so I'm fine with that.
Some things have totally worked for me, others did not either because of style or fabric or fit. I do NOT like their stiff fabrics. I like the softer comfortable fabrics. I have 3 dresses from them that I really like.
I say try it out- just be OK with the fact that you may get store credit in the end. I don't think it took long at all to receive my items. They came within the time that the website says they will. The return process takes a bit longer, but I wasn't in a rush so I didn't care.

It is very awesome how you can customize the sleeve & dress lengths and neckline. You can do research on reviews of the different fabric types.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:52 pm
Can the people who got great buys post what they got?

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:54 pm
I love their stiff fabrics! Their Dupioni gowns are amazing! I bought a chasunah gown, tealength, for $70 there and it was such a huge hit. Everyone loved it.

debsey

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:56 pm
amother wrote:
I love their stiff fabrics! Their Dupioni gowns are amazing! I bought a chasunah gown, tealength, for $70 there and it was such a huge hit. Everyone loved it.
really? I've been nervous to order the duponis Becca was worried the fabric would appear cheap. Maybe I'll give it a try. Did u ever order something in lace from them? There's a really pretty lace top that I have my eye on but I'm waiting for a free customization promo code.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:09 pm
debsey wrote:
really? I've been nervous to order the duponis Becca was worried the fabric would appear cheap. Maybe I'll give it a try. Did u ever order something in lace from them? There's a really pretty lace top that I have my eye on but I'm waiting for a free customization promo code.

I didn't order anything lace, though in my experience, I realized that it doesn't pay to buy tops or skirts through them. The skirts come out somewhat odd, and the shirts are pricey and nothing better than I can do locally.

The dresses though, are great. Love the cotton poplin and regular cotton dresses. The Jersey knit though, pimples. And My Dupioni I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Feels/looks so high end!

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:31 pm
I got a dupioni gown for my siblings wedding. Got loads of compliments. I added a little beading by a local seamstress to make it a bit fancier. Switched v neck to round neck and made it 3/4 sleeves, ankle length. I did it custom sizing. The only thing I had to fix was the darts on top.

lucky14

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 1:07 am
amother wrote:

And I hate the dupioni! I guess that just shows it all depends on the person.OP: order whatever you like and find out for yourself which fabrics you prefer :-)

wiki

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:55 pm
I ordered a satin dupioni tea length, sleeveless and low-cut dress, redesigned in floor length, crew neck and 3/4 sleeves for a wedding. It wasn't the fanciest simcha dress in the world, but it fit great and I was more pleased with the fabric than I was expecting! For the price I paid ($66 in all!!!!), and the effort involved (minimal!) it was a HUGE success.

I was very pleased with the quality of the dress and how it has washed.
I followed advice online that when building sleeves on to a gown, and when going with dupioni that has no stretch, round your measurements up generously. Good advice.

Would definitely order again!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics