Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
S/O job you love. job you hate?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:07 pm
Im not starting this thread just davka to do the opposite. I am truly curious if there is anyone like me who hates their job.
That thread was eye opening to me. I did not realize that so many people love their job. I thought most people are like me and have no pleasure doing their job. Not sure why I assumed such a thing. BH I see Im wrong.
Im also wondering if there are certain fields that more people love or hate. Like if theres any pattern.
Anyone want to start?
I will post my job in a later post. This post is long enough.
Will I be the only one?...

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:18 pm
I am like you. I dislike/don't mind/tolerate my job but never love it. (I have no degree, I'm in an office job.) even when I had a job what I love- reading and writing- I hated it for many reasons.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:20 pm
My first job was working in a pre-school. Not because I ever wanted to or envisioned myself being a teacher, but that was just "the thing to do."

I thoroughly hated it.

After the first year I switched to a different role within the school that was a bit more bearable, and I stayed there for 3-4 years while I built up a different skill set and then transitioned over to an entirely different field.

I can't imagine going back.

And it gave me a lot more respect for those who do teach every day.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:23 pm
I hate my job. attorney.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:42 pm
I hate working in patient relations (hospital customer service) where I get a lot of complaints and blame. I have hated every one of my jobs so far (preschool teacher, office work..). I’m planning to leave this job soon and hope there is something out there that I will love one day.

meyerlemon44

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:46 pm
I was a web developer and hated it. I had to change careers.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:49 pm
I hate my job. I’m currently on leave and am considering not going back.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:22 pm
I more or less love my job, but I hate working.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:30 pm
I was a teacher for a few years and hated it. I hated it from the start, but it took me awhile to realize that because I was told it was normal to be miserable the first couple of years, so I thought it was growing pains. It took awhile to realize that I was genuinely ill suited to the field and wasn't just having normal newbie struggles. I recently started in a new and totally different field and while I can't say I love my job, I am mostly enjoying it, much better suited to this field, and given time to work my way up, it's plausible I'll at some point be able to say I love my job.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:53 pm
I hate my job. Im a teacher. I saw some ppl on the other thread state that they love being a teaxher, so im wondering if they have supportive administrators or top students or??

Ive worked in a lot of schools and know that no 2 schools and no 2 classes/principals are alike. I had a great experience working with top students who value education and with administrators who are too busy to criticize.

I love working with kids but hate teaching because the kids are allowed to violate every rule and there are no consequences. I believe every microcosm has a system of consequences otherwise it would fall apart. In addition, administrators are not only unsupportive but they go out of their way to criticize me and provide no support. Furthermore, more special ed kids are being put in general ed classes(im gen ed) because the schools are changing their ieps to be able to hire less special ed teachers.

Basically, my school has become a business, all about numbers and dont provide any support to teachers with no accountability for students or parents. In addition, if a parent gets upset that you called, he will make false allegations against the teacher and get "witness statements" to "prove " it. Students also do this. All they need to say is "she made me feel nervous" so she did verbal abuse. I could go on and on. I hate the working environment. It is toxic but hashem for some reason decided that I must work and must go through this instead of getting an honors class with supportive principals.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:26 pm
I am with amother mustard. I am a public school slp and I am so disillusioned by the bureaucracy. Unfortunately, in many districts, kids' needs come last. It's sad to see great teachers overtaxed to the point where they take it out on their students, it's sad to see the way students with behavior challenges are treated in some schools, and it's really hard to work every day with students randomly grouped together to cut costs, knowing that under the conditions my ability to help them is pretty minimal. And yes, this doesn't happen in higher class districts.

creditcards

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 1:46 am
I used to have a job that I was very good at it but it was so stressful that I hated it. Now I have a job that I'm not so good at as the first job but I still do a great job and a completely different field it's more relaxing and not so stressful so I love it. And I love the fact that I have company while working.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 1:51 am
I've been a teacher, an HR manager and a bookkeeper. Hate is a bit strong, but I've never enjoyed any of these jobs. I really envy people who have a career they love and are excited to go to work. SAHM has been the only truly satisfying job I've had but the pay is lousy, lol!

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 7:21 am
I don't love my job or hate it, but I feel inadequate the whole time. I always feel someone else could do it better then me.

However my job does have some good perks in that I work from home which is great in that I am with my kids but its bad in that I never seem to finish work.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 10:09 am
amother wrote:
I've been a teacher, an HR manager and a bookkeeper. Hate is a bit strong, but I've never enjoyed any of these jobs. I really envy people who have a career they love and are excited to go to work. SAHM has been the only truly satisfying job I've had but the pay is lousy, lol!
. Can you share what you hated about being an HR manager? Thanks so much!

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 10:41 am
amother wrote:
. Can you share what you hated about being an HR manager? Thanks so much!

It wasn't so much about hating any particular aspect of the job so much as simply not finding any joy in my work. It was something I was proficient at, but I found it dull.... interviewing and hiring people, firing people, managing their benefits, dealing with all their issues that came up, monitoring their performances and productivity.... there was no creativity in it. Just dull. Sure, it felt good at times to know I was able to help people with problems -- but just as often I had to be the one giving people bad news. So that was a wash.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 11:03 am
amother wrote:
It wasn't so much about hating any particular aspect of the job so much as simply not finding any joy in my work. It was something I was proficient at, but I found it dull.... interviewing and hiring people, firing people, managing their benefits, dealing with all their issues that came up, monitoring their performances and productivity.... there was no creativity in it. Just dull. Sure, it felt good at times to know I was able to help people with problems -- but just as often I had to be the one giving people bad news. So that was a wash.

Thank you for sharing. Very understandable that it would be boring or even draining
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics