Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
The book "My Friend, the Bully"

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 4:18 pm
Has anyone found this book helpful? I'm looking for something to help a 7 year old deal with a bully in his class.

oneofakind

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 10:03 am
I've used it with my clients and found it very helpful. In the book the father role plays with his son. You should try that as well. It was validating how confusing the relationship can be if a bully pretends to be your friend sometimes. I would also make sure my child was not doing anything to instigate the bullying ie standing out in a negative way, annoying inappropriate behavior.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 10:59 am
oneofakind wrote:
I've used it with my clients and found it very helpful. In the book the father role plays with his son. You should try that as well. It was validating how confusing the relationship can be if a bully pretends to be your friend sometimes. I would also make sure my child was not doing anything to instigate the bullying ie standing out in a negative way, annoying inappropriate behavior.

Thank you, oneofakind, for your input!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children