Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Come join me, dears, in the virtual reality thread...

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 3:45 pm
Let us travel in a stream of consciousness to wherever we will go....

What if it is really really really true? That the "real" world is just a nothingness. Held up by the will of G-d who can remove that will at any time. That are physical selves, kviyachol, are like characters in His dream?

But the soul, which is eternal, ethereal, without substance or form, is in fact the REAL reality?

And- the closer we get to ethereal - e: The Real - the more real we are. The pictures words flowing through the internet are more real than those printed in books. Or scratched into parchment.

The business of our lives. The rushing. To work. From work. None of it matters. Only the workings of the neshama really matter.

Help take us on a journey. Where are we and where shall be go?

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 3:57 pm
Hogwarts.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 4:29 pm
Be wary of doing this. If it's to avoid pain, it could lead you down the path of psychosis. If it's not to avoid pain, then why are you doing it?

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 4:43 pm
Maybe those with psychosis are more in touch with true reality? Your mind can take you wherever you want to be.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 4:45 pm
If so called real life is unescapably painful- why not avoid it?

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 4:52 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Hogwarts.
But don't you already live there?

youngishbear

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 5:20 pm
Let's travel through the Time Vortex.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 5:26 pm
Tell me more about the Time Vortex.
Does past present and future become one? Birth and death? Darkness and light? Kodesh and cool? Twisted Evil Autocorrect- chol

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 5:42 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Hogwarts.

Im in. Gryfindor all the way though I am partial to Ravenclaw.

See you at Defense Against Dark Arts class. (Gonna skip Potions- I donโ€™t do exact measurements...)

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 5:48 pm
wrote:
All of our laughter, and all of our tears, matter not in the realm of the cosmos. Yet, each individual one, each moment matters, perhaps, more than the cosmos.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 6:17 pm
amother wrote:
Be wary of doing this. If it's to avoid pain, it could lead you down the path of psychosis. If it's not to avoid pain, then why are you doing it?

Maybe because it's the emes
She is saying the same thing the mesilas yesharim is saying

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 6:32 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Maybe because it's the emes
She is saying the same thing the mesilas yesharim is saying

Really? Gotta go learn the sefer.

Zehava

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 7:44 pm
I am very much in touch with my soul olive. So much so that I can feel it revel in every beautiful moment of this transient life. My life is part of a string of past lives. Lives of hardship, sacrifice, struggle, loss, and persecution.
I feel that I used to chase things, chasing but never catching up. The way I see people all around me chasing that which can never be caught.
So now I appreciate every moment. Every Ray of sunshine, every kiss, every peal of laughter, and every adventure.
Life itself is a miracle and a fascinating journey. There is light in the darkness, and beauty in pain.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 8:19 pm
OK, so like most members of the tribe, I'm a Ravenclaw too. Although the sorting hat told me Hufflepuff was a possibility.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 8:34 am
amother wrote:
... like characters in His dream?

Hilchot Yesodei Hatorah 1:11

Since it is clear that He is Incorporeal, it clearly follows that none of the corporeal changes happen to Him; ... no sleep and no awakening ...

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 10:33 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
OK, so like most members of the tribe, I'm a Ravenclaw too. Although the sorting hat told me Hufflepuff was a possibility.

I had the opposite - I was sure I was Hufflepuff, but the sorting hat (online test my kids got me to take, that asked weird irrelevant questions) put me in Ravenclaw.

Isn't it our choices, not our ability, that define who we are?

Olive, I would love to travel back in time and see what our ancestors were really like. Somehow, a big part of me thinks we would all be in for a shock....I'll bet they did not dress the way we think they dressed, I bet they lived differently than we imagine. I would so like to see their reality, and understand how we got to where we are today from where we started out.

mammale

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 10:58 am
It is really really really true! The "real" world is just a nothingness. Held up by the will of G-d who can remove that will at any time. Our physical selves, kviyachol, are like characters in His dream.

The soul, is in fact the REAL reality.

BUT

Ethereal doesn't really have anything to do with this concept.

Ein od milvado means there is nothing but Hashem. The printed word, pictures on the internet etc. Are all just as much of an "illusion reality" as we are.

Of course the business of our lives, the rushing to work and from work all matters. Because that expresses the workings of our neshamos.

I need to do nore research but I think you are conflating two concepts. I will come back once ive gotten a chance to look things up.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 12:22 pm
mammale wrote:
It is really really really true! The "real" world is just a nothingness. Held up by the will of G-d who can remove that will at any time. Our physical selves, kviyachol, are like characters in His dream.

The soul, is in fact the REAL reality.

BUT

Ethereal doesn't really have anything to do with this concept.

Ein od milvado means there is nothing but Hashem. The printed word, pictures on the internet etc. Are all just as much of an "illusion reality" as we are.

Of course the business of our lives, the rushing to work and from work all matters. Because that expresses the workings of our neshamos.

I need to do nore research but I think you are conflating two concepts. I will come back once ive gotten a chance to look things up.

Mammale mammale we need you Mammale.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 12:54 pm
amother wrote:
Maybe those with psychosis are more in touch with true reality? Your mind can take you wherever you want to be.

Maybe they ARE more in touch with true reality.

The thing is that the psychotic world is all emuna and "energy" based and does not have practicality ingrained into it.

If one enters and submerges themselves into that world, being able to maintain the practical, becomes a real challenge.

If one left the practical world due to pain that one is not willing to face, then the road back to the practical world is filled with death traps and other realities that are not for the faint of heart.

Part of maintaining the practical world is to allow us to be "grounded" and "present" with our and others' needs. Many times, going into that world allows people to negate themselves and others in a way that is completely new and exciting to them.

Another issue with going into psychosis is that people experience intuition and creativity, as reality, and may interpret it in ways that guide them to do things that don't serve them. They may act in ways that are considered manic or having a break from reality. This is not to say that intuition is not real. Rather intuition can be metaphoric and may or may not be able to be conveyed or acted upon in the practical world.

The thing is that the outcomes of that are not always good, and the way out is one that can lead a person to battle with suicidal ideations and worse, as they bring themselves back to connect with the practical world. The understanding and treatment of mental illness in this regard leans toward medication which may or may not be helpful to the individual.

That is where my warning/psa was coming from. Basically, take it slow, and having high levels of emuna starts with knowing yourself and your limitations.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics