Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Anyone know about Sinai Schools or Shefa School?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 9:15 pm
amother wrote:
It's mainly revolving around ABA?
Is it in Monsey?

If you're asking about Hadran, they use a carefully balanced mix of ABA and other approaches. Their HQ is in BP but I know they ran a summer program in Monsey so I wonder if they have thoughts of expanding there. They are a very fast-growing company.

It is chasidish but I'm sure others could benefit there as well, if they're anywhere near the chasidish lifestyle.

As for the person who referenced Encore (yes they're the same people) perhaps she was thinking for people who can't find a good fit for a school, sometimes related services can make an imperfect school work.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 9:17 pm
Wud you know about oh vdaas?
Are there high functioning kids there?

saw50st8

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 6:52 am
I don't know much about it, but there is also a program at the Moriah School called Gesher.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 7:34 am
That's the first time I heard of this school. Can you please tell me more?
Thanx

nicole81

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 9:50 am
I have been sending an HFA kid to YESS for middle school and have been extremely happy.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 9:53 am
Is yess specifically for special Ed?
Hfa?
I see it's in Queens. Too far for me but I like to know all information I can get.
Thanx

nicole81

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 12:30 pm
amother wrote:
Is yess specifically for special Ed?
Hfa?
I see it's in Queens. Too far for me but I like to know all information I can get.
Thanx

It's for learning disabilities, processing issues, language issues, ADD, and kids with those presentations. They're not specifically for HFA, my dd's needs by 6th grade aligned with their areas of expertise. They are an independent sped school, but are located within YCQ and offer opportunities for mainstreaming in all subjects.

Their website is here for more info https://yessyeshiva.org/ and I'm happy to answer any questions. My dd went to the JCSE Girls' program from grades 2-5, then YESS for 6 and 7th so far.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:43 pm
amother wrote:
That's the first time I heard of this school. Can you please tell me more?
Thanx

Moriah is a MO school in Englewood. They also have a "middle class affordability" program to keep tuition down but I don't know if that includes the Gesher program. I really don't know much more than that.

https://www.moriahschool.org/

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:50 pm
just looked at moriah's website, it doesn't sound like gesher tuition will be reduced.
from the TAP (tuition affordability Program) "Each full Gesher tuition qualifies as an additional dependent, however, that tuition will not be reduced as part of TAP"

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 11:23 pm
Does anyone know if Encore provides services in Monsey year round?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 8:40 am
I realize this is an older thread but I did a search here for Shefa and this is the only thread that mentioned the school.

I am a parent of a Shefa student and I cannot say enough good things about this school. Yes, your child must have a language based learning disability to attend. Children come from all the boroughs, NJ, CT, and Long Island to attend Shefa. It is nothing short of amazing. The teachers and all the staff are so dedicated. The attention each student gets is nothing like I have ever seen anywhere else. They are so organized and thorough in their evaluations. They really work hard on fostering self esteem, which can be beaten down in children with learning difficulties. They help the children immensely with interpersonal relationships. Most importantly, you get academic results!

I would not hesitate looking at or sending a child with the appropriate disability to Shefa.

I hope you all have found the help you are need to support your children.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 8:54 am
seeker wrote:
If you're asking about Hadran, they use a carefully balanced mix of ABA and other approaches. Their HQ is in BP but I know they ran a summer program in Monsey so I wonder if they have thoughts of expanding there. They are a very fast-growing company.

It is chasidish but I'm sure others could benefit there as well, if they're anywhere near the chasidish lifestyle.

As for the person who referenced Encore (yes they're the same people) perhaps she was thinking for people who can't find a good fit for a school, sometimes related services can make an imperfect school work.

I would also love a school for my bright son with asd. I dont want an ABA program though

Violet123

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 8:58 am
PLEASE can I contact anyone about shefa. Funny I see your color is violet too
I just hung up with Sinai and there's no way it can work for me(unless there's a miracle which I believe is possible)
Please pm me.
Thanx

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 5:02 pm
Violet123 wrote:
PLEASE can I contact anyone about shefa. Funny I see your color is violet too
I just hung up with Sinai and there's no way it can work for me(unless there's a miracle which I believe is possible)
Please pm me.
Thanx

What kind of tuition are we talking about? I actually emailed them, but it looks like they're closed for winter break.

Thanks so much.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 12:08 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
I realize this is an older thread but I did a search here for Shefa and this is the only thread that mentioned the school.

I am a parent of a Shefa student and I cannot say enough good things about this school. Yes, your child must have a language based learning disability to attend. Children come from all the boroughs, NJ, CT, and Long Island to attend Shefa. It is nothing short of amazing. The teachers and all the staff are so dedicated. The attention each student gets is nothing like I have ever seen anywhere else. They are so organized and thorough in their evaluations. They really work hard on fostering self esteem, which can be beaten down in children with learning difficulties. They help the children immensely with interpersonal relationships. Most importantly, you get academic results!

I would not hesitate looking at or sending a child with the appropriate disability to Shefa.

I hope you all have found the help you are need to support your children.

I visited shefa and it was one of the favorite schools we visited. Absolutely amazing place. The teachers are trained so well, the classrooms are incredible, we spoke to the faculty etc.
Theres another school for language based disabilities called Pathways on Coney Island Ave with kind of a heimishe small cheder feel and an incredible principal, I stopped in briefly and really don't know more than that.

Violet123

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 1:04 pm
Monsey schooling situation!!!
Help!!!!
Need for a boy with high functioning autism !!!!

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 9:12 am
Shefa is not a school for ASD.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 9:17 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
What kind of tuition are we talking about? I actually emailed them, but it looks like they're closed for winter break.

Thanks so much.

I think the number I heard was in the $40,000 area, but I’m not sure and I’m sure they work with you if that’s the main concern.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 9:19 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I think the number I heard was in the $40,000 area, but I’m not sure and I’m sure they work with you if that’s the main concern.

Shefa is $63k. In NY you can sue the BOE and they will cover 15-20% of the cost. They consider 15-20% to be religious studies so it will not be covered. Financial aid is also available. If you are out of state you can apply for financial aid only.

There is also a waiting list to get in and they do not take students mid-semester. I'm not sure if it's too late to apply for 2020/2021. You would need to contact them. I think you still can.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 9:29 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Shefa is $63k. In NY you can sue the BOE and they will cover 15-20% of the cost. They consider 15-20% to be religious studies so it will not be covered. Financial aid is also available. If you are out of state you can apply for financial aid only.

There is also a waiting list to get in and they do not take students mid-semester. I'm not sure if it's too late to apply for 2020/2021. You would need to contact them. I think you still can.

I don't want to discourage anyone. Don't let the tuition asking price stop you from trying. As high as it is (Sinais is more)
Call any school that's an option for you. As far fetched as it sounds.
That's my thought. In this area of my life all I could do is try.
Didn't get me anywhere YET but Hashem knows I did my hishtadlus
Very sad situation in monsey Crying

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
Those tears are real.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)