Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Spreads throughout the world

yo'ma

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 9:00 am
Spreads throughout the world. This list is obviously not the whole world.

While spreading dulce de leche on my ds's sandwich and thinking how he never wants pb&j, I was wondering what do you or your kids spread on their bread? He was born and bred here in Argentina and while they do sell peanut butter here, it's not a sandwich served like I grew up in America. When I've offered it, he makes a face. My kids do like fluff though which we get when we go to America, but they refuse to eat it with peanut butter. It's weird because it's not like they don't like peanut butter, but it's not a staple for them.

Do you or your kids eat the spread that's the norm of your country and what is it?

As per the list above, sprinkles in the Netherlands, yum I think and so interesting and I've put butter with cinnamon and sugar on matza and pita and then baked for a bit. That's almost like in India.

Raisin

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 10:30 am
I'm not sure why marmite and butter is not on that list. Surprised

My kids like jam, tuna, peanut butter, melted cheese, butter. They are baffled by pb and j.

They love nutella (we don't live in Italy) although we get the cy or pareve version but I rarely buy it for health reasons.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:42 am
Raisin wrote:
I'm not sure why marmite and butter is not on that list. Surprised

Marmite is unless you mean marmite and butter together.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 1:08 pm
Nutella is very common here
chocolate springs are love
yum polish

giselle

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 1:11 pm
Justin’s makes a chocolate hazelnut spread (U.S.) that’s actually pretty healthy. My daughter loves it, and I get her to eat nuts! Win win!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen