Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
New teachers wwyd

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 10:56 pm
My child is switching playgroups now right before Purim. Do I tip the new teachers? If yes, then as much as usual, or a drop less?
And do I tip the old teacher? It wasn’t the most pleasant story behind switching, and I am upset, but that doesn’t erase the months my child was happy until now so maybe she still deserves a tip?
P. S. If I had money I would just tip everyone but I am extremely tight with money right now.

honeymoon

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 11:03 pm
Maybe write a nice card to the new teachers saying how you are so looking forward to getting to know them and enjoying the new place? Then you can tip them nicely at the end of the year...
For the old teacher you can write a nice card thanking her for the pleasant months your child spent there... Maybe attach a bar of chocolate for a nicer effect.

OutATowner

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 11:06 pm
Of course I don't know the whole story, and I come from a city where no one is expected to do anything specific, but giving a tip and a nice card might be a nice way to part from the previous teacher. To show that even if things didn't end well, you still appreciate the good times. That's what Purim giving is all about- reaching out and connecting.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 11:43 pm
Not sure about the old teacher but I would definitely tip the new one to start off on a good note. Saving the tip for the end of the year defeats some of the purpose- it’s nice to show hakaras hatov bht it’s also to foster good will

fiji

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 3:35 am
Since one of the reasons for giving mishloach Manos is to increase friendship "marbeh reiyus" I'd think that its very important to give to the old Morah, especially since things didn't end off on the best note. Don't know if you have to tip with money, but a mishloach Manos would probably be a nice gesture.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 7:44 am
No.. not the old teacher!

New one can be something small but a nice note for sure!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 1:06 pm
If you have to, do the current one?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette