Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
DIY shaitel products
Previous  1  2

chestnut

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 11:43 pm
amother wrote:
It's to prevent and take out the tangles, but mostly to prevent because you do it after shampoo and conditioner.
I also wash it with paul mitchel super skinny serum (along with the shampoo). It's pretty expensive, so if you wanna go a little cheaper, you can use BTZ smooth criminal.

Is BTZ an abbreviation or the company's name?
I don't wash my sheitel myself. Anything I can put in before wearing it to prevent tangles ?

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 1:08 am
aliavi wrote:
Not Your Mothers 10-in-1 is a dup for the Its a 10 at a better price and doesn’t have an ingredient I can’t use.

I too use a wet brush.

I use more expensive shampoo for my hair, but Pantene works well on my sheitels and doesn’t dry or oxidize the highlights.

I spray Chi Dry Conditioner on my sheitel ends and front if I’m frizzy.
what do you use on your hair? Also why use more expensive on hair as opposed to on wig

mom22

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 7:04 am
Yes
I wash my wigs on my own when I have time.
I bought a babyliss blow drier and flat iron. This is what I was told by sheitel macher.
I use wet brush only and tresses shampoo and conditioner.
Bio silk is the serum u finish with once all set. Put a dot on your palms rub all over hair to finish and set. When I’m not wearing it I keep set in Velcro rollers from Walmart with tpins to hold.
That’s exactly what I was told.
Doing it 15 plus years. Looks great

amother
Black

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 7:26 am
amother wrote:
I was told to shampoo a wig while it's on a styrofoam head, so that the cap doesn't lose its shape.
Question: Is it bad to lightly shampoo the interior of the cap? How do I rinse out the suds from the cap's interior if it's on a head?

Some people do. I prefer not to because it's much more difficult. Instead, I just let it dry on the head so it doesnt lose shape.

I dont shampoo the inside of the cap. But you can.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 7:27 am
chestnut wrote:
Is BTZ an abbreviation or the company's name?
I don't wash my sheitel myself. Anything I can put in before wearing it to prevent tangles ?

Yes BTZ is the name. I have no clue what it means!
Ohhhh I understand. Ask your sheitel macher to deal condition it for you. It's also important to brush every so often. And you can use johnsons no more tangles

amother
Black

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 7:29 am
mammale wrote:
Hair should be dry or damp while styling?

Damp while blow drying (not wet. Itll take too long). I use a pray bottle along the way.
Totally dry while ironing or curling.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 1:05 pm
I use panthene often

chavipanda

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:29 am
Okay, I'm late to this party - I've been doing my own sheitels since and I got married and I have lots of feelings - Olaplex products! A few rounds of Olaplex No. 3 completely revived my dyed Gali fall that a bad blowout had fried. I also love the Olaplex No. 6 styling cream.
For shampoo - I use Vanicream Free & Clear shampoo. It's good quality and not drying, but it doesn't loosen the knots.
I'm also super-into the Nexxus deep conditioning masks with protein for damaged sheitels.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics