Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Humor

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 10:30 pm
Is humor outdated?? I think it is. Every time someone writes something that's supposed to be funny or a joke everyone jumps all over them... Banging head Can't Believe It

Sadly I have to say bye to humor as I don't think this generation can handle it!

Bye humor LOL LOL Sad

yksraya

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 10:38 pm
It's the generation of deppression. Every time you'll say something humorous, someone will get triggered and will need to pay out of pocket for therapy...

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 10:42 pm
If you mean on this site, you have to remember that not all humor translates to the written word. In fact, I personally think that most humor (with the exception of some wordplay) requires tone, facial expression and body language to be found funny.

Plus, I have found that if I'm in a weird mood, I read stuff with that mood in my head and it colors my understanding.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 10:48 pm
Deleted

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 10:49 pm
Or perhaps humor b is changing and what ppl found funny last year they just don't think of funny this year

mirror

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 11:25 pm
amother wrote:
Is humor outdated?? I think it is. Every time someone writes something that's supposed to be funny or a joke everyone jumps all over them... Banging head Can't Believe It

Sadly I have to say bye to humor as I don't think this generation can handle it!

Bye humor LOL LOL Sad

Who says the post was supposed to be funny in the first place? The real humor lies in seeing people jump all over it.

Wife1

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 11:38 pm
mirror wrote:
Who says the post was supposed to be funny in the first place? The real humor lies in seeing people jump all over it.

So nuu jump all over it... Tongue Out

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:06 am
I'm sorry, but humor is NOT a joking matter.

People are very responsible in the way they respond. If they assume that everything is a joke, then someone WILL consider it reasonable to shrink-wrap individual jelly beans before putting them into Shalach Manos, send a rack of ribs to a kimpeturin, mail a box of reptiles to an annoying landlord, buy solid gold cutlery for a kallah, or Chas Veshalom put raisins in their oatmeal cookies.

Remember that not everyone is as quick as you!

Do you really want it on your record that 87 innocent Jews spent precious moments of Purim picking out raisins from their cookies? (Only 87, because the other 213 recipients dropped the homemade cookies straight into the trash because it is more mehudar to rely on factory kulos.)

Do you really want it on your record that you raised the standards to impossible heights, by encouraging the bare minimum kimpeturin meal to include steak, by having Hachnosas Kallah start posting registries on Crate & Barrel, and by buying teenagers Hermes shoulder bags?

Do you really want it on your record that a tenant landed behind bars for threatening someone with cockroaches? Or worse, carpet beetles?

Those of you who think you have a sense of humor - we'll see who's laughing last.

With dangerous people like you on the loose, I strongly recommend that you examine all of your Shalach Manos cookies well for the dreaded Raisin. My Shalach Manos will include biohazard bags and latex gloves for your protection.

Stay safe, guys.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 9:04 am
My ds is looking for a job that deals with people in a delicate way. I told him he has to make sure to curb his humor because it might be considered bad bedside manner if taken the wrong way. I like a joke, but there's a time and place for everything. What might be one person joke, is another persons pain. I'm not talking about the sensitive people who get triggered by everything.

One of my children, A, are constantly doing/saying "jokes" to his brother, B. A doesn't understand why B gets upset, A is laughing. It might be because it's more of a prank and I don't think pranks are funny, they're mean. I know op this is not what you're talking about.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:08 pm
amother wrote:
I'm sorry, but humor is NOT a joking matter.

People are very responsible in the way they respond. If they assume that everything is a joke, then someone WILL consider it reasonable to shrink-wrap jelly beans before putting them into Shalach Manos, send a rack of ribs to a kimpeturin, mail a box of reptiles to an annoying landlord, buy solid gold cutlery for a kallah, or Chas Veshalom put raisins in their oatmeal cookies.

Remember that not everyone is as quick as you!

Do you really want it on your record that 87 innocent Jews spent precious moments of Purim picking out raisins from their cookies? (Only 87, because the other 213 recipients dropped the homemade cookies straight into the trash because it is more mehudar to rely on factory kulos.)

Do you really want it on your record that you raised the standards to impossible heights, by encouraging the bare minimum kimpeturin meal to include steak, by having Hachnosas Kallah start posting registries on Crate & Barrel, and by buying teenagers Hermes shoulder bags?

Do you really want it on your record that a tenant landed behind bars for threatening someone with cockroaches? Or worse, carpet beetles?

Those of you who think you have a sense of humor - we'll see who's laughing last.

With dangerous people like you on the loose, I strongly recommend that you examine all of your Shalach Manos cookies well for the dreaded Raisin. My Shalach Manos will include biohazard bags and latex gloves for your protection.

Stay safe, guys.

Hey can u make me a bare bones rack of ribs(was it pun intended? Smile Smile when I am kimpeting?

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 3:24 am
amother wrote:
Hey can u make me a bare bones rack of ribs(was it pun intended? Smile Smile when I am kimpeting?

I can just see the new threads on Imamother:

"My neighbor pretended she had a baby so we would make her steak dinners! WWYD?"
"Should I lend SIL my newborn so she can get more kimpeturin meals?"
"My friend sent me meatballs and not ribs! I can't stop crying! (Postpartum hormones)"
"Help! So sick of steak! Should I say something?"
"Gemach for meat to make meal for kimpeturin?"
"How do you cook a rack of ribs?"

If you move to my part of town, I will happily make you steak when you have a baby. But if you insist on the ribs, then you'll have to excuse me while I post the last thread.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics