Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How do you clean your kids in the bath?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 11:09 am
I know it's a weird question but just wondering. Do you use a sponge with body wash for them or use a regular soap bar. What have you found to be the easiest?do you make them stand up to clean them best?

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 11:10 am
I use body wash for my kids. and use a cup or a wash clothes (depends on the kid) to get out soup.

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 11:26 am
I use a washcloth with liquid soap.
They stand up, I go over their body with a soapy wash cloth then they sit back down into the he bath water.
I rise them with some fresh water right before coming out.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:07 pm
Sponge, or wash cloth, whichever is handier.

Zehava

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:19 pm
Body wash with my hands

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:21 pm
My kids liked my loofa on a long stick so I got them their own. The 4 and 8 year old like to use it themselves and the two year old I clean off.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:34 pm
Body wash on a sponge and they stand while I scrub them.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:10 pm
I don't know if it makes a difference but I forgot to mention their ages 2-3 yr olds.
As it is they don't really enjoy baths so I need the easiest thing possible. Is there something, some kind of soap you could put in the water and then just quickly clean around their body with your hands?

tothepoint

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:16 pm
I use just a regular dove bar soap. My kids also don’t love the bath so I do a quick rubbing with the bar

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:26 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know if it makes a difference but I forgot to mention their ages 2-3 yr olds.
As it is they don't really enjoy baths so I need the easiest thing possible. Is there something, some kind of soap you could put in the water and then just quickly clean around their body with your hands?

Except for my oldest when he was a baby, I only ever shower my kids. I used a handheld shower head to thoroughly wet them, a soft washcloth to scrub them down while they hold a wash cup and try to fill it or splash from the shower head. Then shampoo, rinse off well, and out.

Much easier than a bath. (I didnt grow up ever taking a bath and it always seems somewhat gross and too much work for me to do for my kids. I do bathe does mikvah, but I shower well before and after the bath.)

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:30 pm
I place the johnsons moisturizer baby body wash in the bathtub and some on a wash cloth and quickly go over my son with it. Do you have little bath toys to make the bath fun and calming for your kids? Water temp is right?
bath time can be such an enjoyable time!

honeymoon

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:51 pm
Body wash with my hands while they stand, then rinse them with clean running water right before they come out.

nchr

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:58 pm
Regular soap and a washcloth. And we do showers except for when they are infants.

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 10:02 pm
I never understood the idea of kids not liking a bath. Do they not like the pool either? The beach?
Getting my kids out of the nightime bath is a huge struggle!
Friday and Sunday they swim in it for over an hour.....

yidisheh mama

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 10:43 pm
Baruch Hashem my kids love to bathe.
I wash my toddler with baby wash on my hands.
My 4 year old, too, as discreetly as I can, the parts that she cant reach/did not wash well, since she insists on doing everything on her own. She doesn't want me to clean her private parts, and I do respect that, so I just talk her through it so she covers everything. She does let me wash her hair, thank g-d:-)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 6:16 am
Bar soap and a washcloth. Stand up only to clean lower body. For shampooing, baby shampoo and a kind of rubbery visor that looks like the brim of a sun hat and keeps water off the face.

cozyblanket

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 6:29 am
For a baby or young toddler, I put shampoo on my hands and wash them with my hands. For an older kid, I put shampoo on a poof and wash them. If they are old enough, they wash themselves with the poof. (Shampoo is cheaper than body wash and it's really the same thing!)

Happy bath time!

funmother

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 11:02 am
At age 2 my kids were in a toddler tub. My short skinny 3 year old was still in one. My tall average 3 year old was not. first they sat and plays while I wash the face with a wash cloth and johnson baby wash or a similar store brand version. Then we put away thetoys and we shampoo the head. Then they stood up and I opened the bottom drain. I used the same baby wash and a wash cloth to wash from top to bottom. And rinse them off To get them to cooperate I would make it into a game. Two of there favorites were when I pretended to be getting them dressed with the washcloth and the different body parts, shirt, socks and everything. Ands when with a loofah I made them into a snowman.
*if you do use the loofah. clean it regularly and replace every couple of months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics