Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pastel blouse on-line? & would you wear this skirt?

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 5:43 pm
I've been hunting, but so far no luck.

I got this skirt just cause I think it's pretty (inner hippie?) and figured I will wear it at home on Shabbos. (though now I'm thinking maybe on Purim? Family seudah only? How bad is that?)

Anyhow I do need a blouse, preferably chiffon-y pastel in light aqua or lilac? I have those colors in a casual 3/4 sleeve blouse but more tailored style, and I think for this skirt it must be a bit dressier, a loose & flowy style, I don't mind wearing a shell underneath. Any ideas?

I did find a blouse, see below. Now that someone (again, see below) says they like the skirt, now I'd like to know, if you live in a yeshivish community, if you would wear this (in public as opposed to at home)?

simba

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 5:55 pm
I actually think a tailored look would go better with this skirt. You can’t have both the top and bottom flying away.

Try them on together and see if it works.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 5:57 pm
ave.com

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 5:58 pm
simba wrote:
I actually think a tailored look would go better with this skirt. You can’t have both the top and bottom flying away.

Try them on together and see if it works.

Yes. 3/4 sleeve tee shirt or tailored shirt. Belt. Done.

And I like the skirt a lot.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 6:19 pm
re: avenue.com (I used to shop there sometimes, years ago when I was a bit smaller) - how does their fit run?

I'm a "perfect" XXL in Kohls, XL in Lands End. Anyone who is like me and can tell me a size for Avenue?

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 6:50 pm
Love the skirt!

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 7:59 pm
I think a tunic picking up one of the colors would be the most flattering - one that skims over the hips - hits a bit below the tush - but is straight lined. I don't think a woven type material would work - I would go for either a cotton or rayon knit type of material.

Have you tried ulapopken.com

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:15 pm
So most of you think chiffon + chiffon is a bad idea?
How's this?
The problem is, I much prefer s/t that buttons down the front so I can wear it open over shell. I find most pullover things don't fit as well.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 9:38 pm
Okay, my dear personal shopping consultants. Which of these tops from Roaman's do you like better? I feel like the first one is too casual (after all, they do show it with jeans!), but the second looks too much like maternity. However, I could take in the sides if need be. It's linen, so a bit more dressy.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
Okay, my dear personal shopping consultants. Which of these tops from Roaman's do you like better? I feel like the first one is too casual (after all, they do show it with jeans!), but the second looks too much like maternity. However, I could take in the sides if need be. It's linen, so a bit more dressy.

No no no! Not with that skirt! It’ll make you look huge!

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 10:10 pm
Quote:
No no no! Not with that skirt! It’ll make you look huge!

If I take it in?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics