Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Recommend dietitian for Crohn's?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 10:01 am
DH has Crohn's but has a very difficult time with dieting. He won't be able to handle the SCD diet - it's too restrictive for him. I need a recommendation for a dietitian who can work with him to advise on a diet that will be doable for him, but someone who is knowledgeable/experienced with helping Crohn's patients. Any recommendations? We haven't had luck with the standard dietitians in the doctor's offices.

peacenine

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 10:08 am
Check out Jini Patel Thomson and her book Listen to your gut

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 10:16 am
peacenine wrote:
Check out Jini Patel Thomson and her book Listen to your gut

Thanks! Looks great, but he needs someone who can make a personalized plan for him. I've heard of so many great books and diets, but he is not going to try anything unless a professional tells him exactly what to do.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 10:28 am
We called Tamar Feldman for my daughter with crohns.
Ultimately we decided to use meds only now because it is working and she is really young. So I don’t have true experience with her diet.

I was impressed with her personally because she called us back herself and was really helpful and informative and honest with us.

anonymrs

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 6:00 pm
Peta Cohen in Englewood, NJ. http://totallifecenter.com/ She is familiar with many different diets and ways of eating that can be healing for the gut, and IBD, specifically. She will work with you to create a customized diet plan that's doable for you. I'm pretty sure she does phone appointments, if this is not local to you.

Side note, I know SCD is a challenging lifestyle to adjust to, but from experience, I can tell you it usually works well for people with Crohn's. Refuah Shelaima! If I can be of any help, feel free to pm.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 9:39 am
Thank you so much for the recommendations. I'm going to look into those.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 9:43 am
call Mr. Drummer at jccsg.org . Hes the guru on Crohns and referrals. He has helped us alot .

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 11:45 am
There is a new diet from the University of Massachusetts that I would very much look into if it was relevant for me now.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 1:55 pm
Where are you located?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise